• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Annoying Rattle like metal on metal

1. last week or so ive had a really annoying rattle, when i go over rough roads.

it sound like metal on metal really tinny sound! like heat shield rattling but ive checked all of them!

Could is be pads in back? seen this few times!

2. i have a knocking noise from passenger side again over pot holes, rough roads.

ive changed both arms, drop links. this mean its top mount?

cheers

think the front knocking is top mount tbh, but the rattling coming from back dont have a clue

The front knocking could be a number of things. I've had a front knocking over bumps and rough road for a while now. I've fitted brand new hsd coilovers with topmounts. Changed the track rod ends, anti roll bar drop links, front lower ball joints and none of these have cured the knocking. The only other things it can be is either worn bushes that make everything feel a bit sloppy or the steering rack as that can knock over rough ground apparently. Keep us posted if you manage to get it sorted and I'll do the same.

have a look at where your b-pipe joins the backbox, mine has corroded on one side so the bolt that has the spring on it rattles as it has nothing to hold against. the exhaust doesn't move as there is a hanger almost directly above it

thanks ill check today, sounds like pads to me soon as i hold my foot on brake the rattle goes away?

If it goes away when pressure is applied to the brakes then you will probably find that one of the pads springs are not situated right, the calliper should be pushed against the springs so pads stay situated. If one of these springs are not say in the calliper and fall through the gap then it will make a lot of racket. So check pad springs are situated correctly dude.

Back