• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Another Blower Question

I've used the search for the fault of no blowers working.

Mine works, but on full wack it feels like its on the first notch. So its really weak. I've got hot and cold air but its just trickling out.

Would this still be the Heater Power Transistor. Or could it be something like a clogged up Pollen Filter??

Thanks

Jon

this is going to sound really sexual but it's not :)

is your position knob on face and feet/face and window or face alone? face alone blows a lot harder than other positions.

the only things i can think of is if the air passage was blocked some how or a knackered blower motor/switch.

Cheers Griffin

I don't think its the switch. When its off its off, i've checked other forums and others have mentioned the pollen filter. Still unsure though. Will have to take the glovebox out and have a gander I think.

Even if there's a blockage you still be able to hear the speed of the fan increase.

Could be a sign the resistor is on the way out.

You can hear it slightly, but nothing like the air whoosing out like on usual full blast.

I'll have a look on the weekend I think, and will let you guys know.

Thanks for in the input so far.

i would say resistor.

my old civic vti (mb6) did pretty much the same thing. the blowers only really worked on full whack and nothing else. the resistor was inside the blower bit behind the glovebox and the coil broke into bits. i got it repaired from a guy on ebay who refurbed it for me.

i know its not the same model but i would remove the glovebox and have a look at the resistor as it sounds very similar to the problem i had.

Ok, I've had a play with the nobs, and it makes no difference when on full wack or not, its still blowing air, enough to feel it on my face but not enough to de-mist the window.

I'm going to take the glove box out today and have a look.

Thanks Stu :)

Just seen this thread so sorry for delay but it could be the air mix control linkage door not opening correctly.
Try the blower diags procedure and see if it gives you an error code.

Procedure below :

How to Retrieve a DTC

The heater control panel has a self-diagnosis function.To run the self-diagnosis function,do the following:

1. Turn the fan switch OFF.
2. Press and hold the recirculation control switch and the rear window defogger switch down.
3. Turn the ignition switch ON ( l l ) .
4. Release both switches.The recirculation indicator and the rear window defogger indicator come on. The
recirculation and indicator goes off 3 seconds later and the AC indicator comes on. then the self-diagnosis
will begin.
About 10 seconds later, the self-diagnosis will finish and the A,/C indicator goes off.
.lf any trouble is found. The recirculation indicator blinks the diagnostic trouble code(DTC)to indicate a faulty
circuit.
lf the system is OK ,the recirculation indicator stays off.

Fault codes :

In case of multiple problems he recirculation indicator will indicate only the DTC with the least number of blinks.

ln case of an intermittent failure, the heater control panel will store the DTC until the ignition is turned off.

Detection Blinks, what they mean :

7 An open i n the a i r mix control motor circuit
8 A short ln the air mix control motor circuit
9 A problem in the air mix control linkage door or motor
10 An open or short in in the mode control motor circuit
11 A problem in the mode control linkage doors or motor
12 A problem in the blower motor circuit
13 A problem in the EEPROM in the heater control panel;
the control panel must be replaced
14 An open in the evaporator sensor circuit
15 A short in the evaporator sensor circuit.

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really sure tbh, only ever done it with air-con models.
Give it a go, it can't do any harm , it will either work or not, you can't damage anything.
The tech manual does not say anything about non air-con models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny thing is they started working again this morning, and have worked all day. Its weird :)

I'm just going to see how I get on. If it goes again then i'm going to change the resistor.

if it happens again i would say it isnt the resistor at fault. i would be more enclined to it being a loose wire or plug behind the heater controls in the dash.

Replace the pollen filters mate, behing G Box, they do make a difference if they're caked up. It improved mine quite a bit.

Back