• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Another boring post asking about tyre sizes on EVO 8 Enkei alloys... Sorry :/

Hello Peeps, I have a nice set of EVO 8 Enkei's waiting to go on my EP3.

The problem I have is deciding which tyre brand but mostly what tyre size, 215/45/17? 225/45/17? These are going to be used as summer wheels only so I wanted to give the Yokohama AD08R's a go just for curiosity and to say I have tried them. But I'm open to other brands.

Also, she is lowered on the Eibach pro kit with an FRSU. (do want sportlines but a bit skint:().

Thanks!

Personal choice.
I run 215's AD08R on stock wheels and they are quite beefy, so on evo8's they should be just fine.

However, are you tracking the car? If not, no need to go with semi slicks imo.

My main choice was the 215/45's so glad to hear that response.

Im not tracking the car so I totally see your point of not needing them, just always been one of those things of wondering the difference on a hot day they would be to normal tyre's :D

I normally use the Potenza RE050's on stock and rate them good...

I hate making these decisions haha!!

I wouldn't go down the semi route unless you were tracking it.. Massive overkill and they aren't much fun in the wet.
That is the same size I am running.

Not much experience with other tyres as I always run semi's and on the daily I have the cheapest of the cheap. Heard good thing about supersports, they're considered a "road" tyre although lots of people track them.

Semi slicks are wasted on the road. But the AD08R's are similar priced to a premium road tyre.
Don't be fooled that track tyres give loads of grip from the off. It's a myth that track tyres are softer than road tyres. They can be harder in comparison as they're designed to provide the grip at higher temperatures. From cold they probably won't give more grip than a standard road tyre.

I do see your points. I might just stick with the RE050's in 215/45/17. Pretty sensible all around tyre I think.

Thanks for both your inputs :smt023

Do anyone also know the difference between the RE050 and RE050A?

And has anyone also seen that there is now a Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric F1 3 now? :confused:

F1A3's are tosh, as are RE050's and RE050A's now. Get some Pilot Super Sports or Pilot Sport 4 if you can.

Local (decent) tyre places can quite often quote cheaper fitted prices than internet traders can so it's worth checking. Des on here just had four PS4's fitted on his Evo and was given a £50 fuel voucher by Michelin so check that too.

After everyone's great help I'm going for the PS4's. But been having trouble getting them so I'm paying £440 all fitted, done and dusted. Not great but I'm inpatient.

Will be done tomorrow so I'm looking forward to see how they look on the car :D

Yea I've heard of this but had no luck to get that deal. Been told by a few garages they cant get them from Michelin as they are out of stock with no date at the moment (Not sure about the truth behind that as I don't trust most garages).

But like I said, I'm inpatient so I've bit the bullet and not too upset with the price to be honest ;)

How are you getting on with them? And how is fitment?

Have some Evo wheels for my CTR being refurbed so need to get some tyres for them next, again summer only and will go on once the engine has been rebuilt.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I really like the PS4's on mine. I was kinda forced into getting Continental Sport Contact 5's as my last set of tyres (only tyres I could get in an emergency on the M4 at the time) and I was really impressed with them.
I got the PS4's in March and they're definitely a step up from the continentals. Even when new they felt great (the conti's took a good 500 miles to really settle in).
One thing I have noticed with the PS4's though is that they're quite noisy. To the point where I can really notice it on the motorway. And my car is really not quiet. They're the only tyres I've really heard since I got rid of the R888's and I've had my car for nearly 7 years.

Sorry I've taken ages to get back to you N77.

I'm really happy with them and think they look pretty good. Just needs lowering a bit more.

I have pictures to show but as some others on here I'm a bit of a rookie on figuring out how to upload them? :/

dessimpson - I really like them already, even as I'm wearing them in they feel good.

I'm guessing the extra noise is from the harder sidewalls. if it helps with the handling I'm happy to put up with it. Also I don't do much motorway drives so that's not a problem to me.

Looking forward to pushing them in the future though :)

Sorry I've taken ages to get back to you N77.

I'm really happy with them and think they look pretty good. Just needs lowering a bit more.

I have pictures to show but as some others on here I'm a bit of a rookie on figuring out how to upload them? :/
I think you can attach them if your using Tapatalk

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back