• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Another ep3?

I've had 2 ep3 type r's now one was standard with a few goodies on it the other was mapped had a kpro etc and I loved it

Now after a year or so m starting to regret selling the ep3 and now I want one back question is I'm planning on going downtown the rotrex supercharger route however ta hard to find low miles examples now With the majority on 100k plus miles

Will this be a problem when going down the charger route ? I've heard of some people charging k20s on a 100k plus so has anyone got any opinions or examples of this ?

Other option is to be patient for a low miles one r buy a high miles and rebuild the engine and gearbox

Mine will be up for sale shortly, its on 83k FSH, mapped with plently of goodies, ready for a supercharger and remap ;)

Excuse me for being nosy but what's your budget for buying the car? If you want a low mileage car you might have to wait or up your budget.

My brother and I track an EP3 with nearly 140k on and plan to supercharge it at some stage. It's not a road car so the engine going bang doesn't worry us really but we checked the chain when we got the car two years ago and was fine then. I guess if you look after it, it'll see you through.

Well my budget is up to 4k at the moment but this keeps rising until I'm ready to buy one

It will be a weekend car as I'm a bricklayer by trade so i have a work van to use during the week

The thing is I don't want to end up spending 5 k on one with 70-80k miles that's just as good as a well looked after one that's on 100k plus ? I'd rather save the extra grand and buy some mods

I'm more concerned about finding one that's got a decent chassis and is just genuinely well looked after regardless of mileage the only thing that concerns me with the miles is supercharging it

Prices are so up and down at the moment do you think my budget would find me a decent one?

That's not a bad budget by any means. From what I've noticed about them is there's a bunch of cheap ones about that need money spending on TLC and then there's the looked after ones around your budget but possibly with mods already.

I think if I were to start again, I'd be tempted by a car with a few mods already on that I'd have wanted anyway as we all know that the bolt-on parts can soon mount up in cost.

Back