• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Another Meister R thread

have a few questions about the Meister R coilovers for an EP3

i am currently running BC Racing RM's, they started to knock very very very badly on both front sides, after i investigated it found that the nut behind the damping adjustment knob had worked loose on the bottom causing up and down play in the motion of travel. Done the job of taking it off cleaning it all up and tightening it back up which has stopped the knocking inside the cab, happy days.

BUT there still alot of play in the coilover, hard to explain but firstly i though the steering wrack was ****ed, but the movement i was feeling was caused by play in the coilover, sort of twisting and bending in the position where the damping travels in and out the body. Having spoken to BC Racing via email, they weren't any help and have now seemed to have got sick of my pestering and questions for advice and stopped replying to me, which is annoying.

now i want a new set of coilovers as the car is my daily so off road time for refurb of the suspension is not really an option. I like the BC's but now i am doubtful of buying another set the same after all these issues. I have read very good things about the MeisterR and they are of a very similar design, with the adjustable top mounts which i would like to have. The only question i have is how low do they go? my car is setup quite low for more of a stanced approach to styling and i don't want to lose any of the lows, i'll provide a few photos but basically do they go just as low as the BC racing RM's? there is a bit of reverse rake on the car at the moment but that will but sorted with some more lows on the front once i decide what suspension to go for.

thanks in advance, Cal

They are traders on here bud. It might be worth PM'ing them for technical specs.

Should achieve the same low without any problem.
As far as the play, not too sure what it is but it is one of those things where you have to see if it is affecting anything.

There are parts that have play because it is a moving part, such as the bearing spring cap at the top.
But that doesn't affect suspensions performance as that part do not face any lateral movement.

If you are after a bit of stance, the SuperRace will probably do a better job for you also.
As the higher springs rate will limit the wheel movement, and the damper is shorter so you can achieve more lows also. :)

Jerrick

Should achieve the same low without any problem.
As far as the play, not too sure what it is but it is one of those things where you have to see if it is affecting anything.

There are parts that have play because it is a moving part, such as the bearing spring cap at the top.
But that doesn't affect suspensions performance as that part do not face any lateral movement.

If you are after a bit of stance, the SuperRace will probably do a better job for you also.
As the higher springs rate will limit the wheel movement, and the damper is shorter so you can achieve more lows also. :)

Jerrick

is SuperRace one of your coilovers? and the play is 100% a defect, the steering is a bit vague and over bumps in the road it makes a horrible metallic knocking noise, i do all work on my car myself apart from bits where i want a nice bit of paper like on servicing

thanks very much

Yes, the full name is Zeta-R SuperRace
it is a custom made specification that are aimed at track use.
Using stiffer springs (front 10kg/mm, rear 14kg/mm) and stiffer damper valving.

This is mainly design for track use, but the harder springs rate and also shorter damper also aid STANCE as a side effect. :)

Jerrick

Yes, the full name is Zeta-R SuperRace
it is a custom made specification that are aimed at track use.
Using stiffer springs (front 10kg/mm, rear 14kg/mm) and stiffer damper valving.

This is mainly design for track use, but the harder springs rate and also shorter damper also aid STANCE as a side effect. :)

Jerrick

How much would they set me back mate?

I think I only have 1 or 2 set left in stock (need to check).
1 year warranty as with all MeisterR coilovers. :)

Jerrick

Just thought i would comment, I can vouch for the support and service of meister. I have recently bought a set of superrace coilovers for my ep3 and they arrived yesterday(three days after ordering), see my thread.

They are both supportive and knowledgable and always there to help, will definitely use them again.

Just thought i would comment, I can vouch for the support and service of meister. I have recently bought a set of superrace coilovers for my ep3 and they arrived yesterday(three days after ordering), see my thread.

They are both supportive and knowledgable and always there to help, will definitely use them again.

cheers mate, i'll check your thread now

Back