• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Another Milano Red newbie!

Hi guys, had my milano ep3 for about 3 months now and finally decided to get on the forum!

It's standard apart from a K&N Typhoon, now 56k on the clock with full Honda service history.

DSCF0219.jpg

DSCF0217.jpg

DSCF0215.jpg

DSCF0214.jpg

DSCF0205.jpg

DSCF0202.jpg

Been thinking of doing a little modding in the way of exhaust system but not sure yet.

I only bought a sportx one from Eb*y, Cost around £70, i know you can get better quality versions but my money is tied up in running a bloody house so mods are few and far between
it sounds lovely even with the standard Back Box

Ahhh thanks for the advice chap :) ** look into it. I do like the OEM look but a bit more of a sporty exhaust sound would be nice.

Lovely EP3 there, looks like it's in great condition. How do you find the typhoon?

I've also fitted a sportex b-pipe, really like it. For £70ish it's a cheap and easy way of making a sporty noise. I've posted a few vids, have a look at my build thread, and have a look at this thread http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?80478-Sportex-mid-pipe-bpipe&highlight=sportex

The noise is a bit love/hate. I really like the raspy howl it makes, and it's quiet around town. The big attraction is the low cost, if you don't like it or scrape it to death on speed bumps then it's only £70 down the plughole.

Cheers pal, i appreciate the comments.

I've had a look at the sportex thread and it does sound pretty decent. Seems that for £70 you probably can't go wrong :)

I actually discovered yesterday that my basic training date for the RAF is 2 weeks away so i decided to get a Cobra Sports cat back lol. It was the 2.5 inch pipework with the 4 inch can. So i will fit that once it arrives and i'll post some pics when it's done.

As for the typhoon i love the sound of it! Can't say i notice any difference in terms of respnosiveness but i have managed to fit a cold air feed going from underneath the car up to the cone so shouldn't be too bad.

Good stuff man, splashing out before training even starts, I like your style! My EP3 was a new job present to myself too, but at least I started my job first... What you doing with the RAF?

That Cobra should sound awesome, and you can't go wrong with a japcan hanging out the back, though your neighbours might not appreciate it. I'm aiming for something similar, try and put up a vid if you can, I'd love to hear it.

Will do, i'll make a vid as soon as i can.

That's what my credit card is for though! :D lol it should arrive tomorrow morning (according to fed ex) i'd like to get a sports cat and manifold soon too. Maybe by Japseed. Not sure what to expect with regards to how loud it'll be with a sports cat though?

RAF wise im going in as an avionics technician. :)

It depends on how effective the b-pipe silencer is, I would guess pretty funking loud!

Wow, avionics tech is pretty serious stuff. I fly 20 year old Saabs and I don't fully understand how the avionics work on them, military avionics are 3 generations up from that! It'll be facinating!

DSCF0228_zps6de4e608.jpg

DSCF0223_zpsc81af26e.jpg

DSCF0226_zps52cf732b.jpg

DSCF0225_zps6acbe23a.jpg

DSCF0227_zpse51e1832.jpg

Just a few updated pics after i've given it a good clean and wax etc. With the 4" Cobra sports can from the back, 2.5" pipework. It has also been lowered 30mm now.

Cheers buddy, the passengers side you can see in the photo is the worst faded side. Still real bugs me :-s lol other side is a real deep colour still. Love ep3's in red. I don't see anywhere near as many as the other colours.

Back