• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Another Oil Question...

Honda garages do use different grades of oil.

I asked my local Honda garage on which oil to use and they said 10-40 semi. When I queried about 0-40 or 5-40 fully (as stated in the handbook) they said it's fine to use it just may use more so check it more regularly.

They also mentioned it was more cost effective for them to use the 10-40 semi.

Thanks dude.

10-40 is what the wifes C2 VTS uses! So really all I want to know is what oil is recommended as best. I don't mind checking it regularly but I don't want to be burning through it too rapidly either! Is 5-40 thicker? I guess if 5-40 is the recommended type then I will stick with that.

When I used 0-40 fully it seemed to drink it. I changed to 5-40 fully when it was serviced last and it's hardly used a drop. I haven't had any issues so go for the 5-40 fully (most people use this).

Ok thanks dude. Will go for 5 40 then. May just buy the bits individually from cox but was trying to save money and buy it as a kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I bought separate but I shopped about for the cheapest. Last service I used Opie Oils for my oil, and Tegiwa for my filters etc, both give discounts for forum members.

Yeah it doesn't take quite 5 litres you'll be left with a tad amount. I usually get a little extra for top up's. I bought 6 litres last service but in all fairness it's only used a tiny amount since the service in August.

Opie oils were doing a deal not long ago plus you'll get a discount from them for being a forum member. If you haven't got your oil already try them it may work out cheaper.

Update in this. I changed my oil in Saturday, she took about 4.5 litres but it still looks like it could do with the last drop when I check the dip stick. I know the dip stick is a nightmare unless on even ground, but checked today and she looks as if I should fill it with the rest. Don't want to overfill it though. What do we think?

Note, the filter design is an arse and impossible to take off without getting oil everywhere! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back