• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Another thing that has worried me?

lol So paranoid as this is the newest car I have had and still am getting used to all these things and extras.

Basically when I sit in neutral with handbrake on my car only will rev to just before the vtec crossover, I generally thought that this might be just a safety feature but as time goes on I am panicing that it is not. Although when I'm driving the vtec crossover couldn't be smoother.

Hopefully your all going to reply saying yeah that is completely normal and I'm a complete noob to the EP3 world. Not to the vtec as I have had two other civics both B16a's. But in all honestly the EP3 vtec does make you s**t yourself, whereas the B16a wasn't as aggressive.

I presume this is from cold too? ;)

double-facepalm.jpg

Its a safety feature that mcdonalds asked honda to install, it was pissing off their customers.

Yes, as said, it's a feature of the ECU that Honda put in to protect the engine.

Reving it in neutral isn't advisable as there's no point and you look like a prat doing it in public. It won't blow up or anything though as the engine isn't under load.

Aftermarket ECU's remove the lower non geared limiter, so you can red line it in neutral. Just don't.

Aftermarket ECU's remove the lower non geared limiter, so you can red line it in neutral. Just don't.

With a cold engine, at 2am, in the middle of a field in Kettering... :p

Fair Play : ) I was asking for that. I wasn't in public in fairness but was in my garden. And it wasn't cold it had warmed up.

But muchas gracias for your feedback

Back