• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

antisanta's CTR - Selling up :(

Thanks guys! Made up with it to be honest, just hoping it retains its shine next weekend for the welsh tour :). Can't wait to get some proper pics with a DSLR!

Work was a mare today man, my back and legs are aching lmao. Need to get back on the mountain bike I reckon! I feel unfit. Defo worth it though!

Few picks from the welsh tour on the 9th organised by Goldie John.

25bc0cba-279b-416a-b5e0-d142ec5afa9c_zps70392627.jpg

20130309_121156_zps4a6d1b39.jpg

20130309_142252_zps9a28c5fd.jpg

20130309_142256_zps42a589cd.jpg

63197_10151517398445519_2009543211_n.jpg

861028_10151571084436015_843826878_o.jpg

861032_10151571087121015_78829258_o.jpg

885340_10151571085161015_495544624_o.jpg

882739_10151571089006015_539159306_o.jpg

Some of the pics are from the facebook group so I can't take all the compliments :p. We went from Abergele through the Conwy tunnels to Bangor, then down the A5 to Betws-y-coed followed by a few laps of the Triangle before finally heading up to the Horseshoe Pass for foodies. Thoroughly awesome day out.

Next update WILL be with some mods! Since doing the North Wales tour I have a massive shopping list aha. I'm keeping the car for a few years at least so it is definitely a work in progress :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Took a trip to Total Tinting in Bromborough today. They did a top job and I can't recommend them enough! Very thorough and excellent result.

http://www.totaltinting.co.uk/

20130403_163229_zps2180dc39.jpg

20130403_181843_zpsf1ba3355.jpg

Also asked them to put my sticker on as I was paranoid about ****ing it up :D

20130403_181853_zps85dc81a8.jpg

That's all I'm doing to the car aesthetic wise, love the OEM look.

Also did anyone else have a watch of the video I posted in post #46? Worth a watch if you can get on to a PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
So a small update,

I finally got round to replacing my tires last week. Picked up 4x Goodyear Eagle Asym2 for £85 a corner from Camskill and the difference is handling between old federals and new is night and day. Thanks to you all on here for your recommendations. Went for a drive to see what they were like.. very impressed.

I also got my Japfest ticket through last week :D!! So excited for this!

And finally, with Japfest around the corner I wanted to give the car a special clean. I ordered some FK 1000p sealant to try and wow. It's really, really good on silver cars. I gives more of a 'wet' look over that of the Dojo Juice wax.

mm reflections.. :)

Oh yeah. I have a set of Eibach Pro's on the way too! :D

Updated the original post a bit. My wishlist has changed since I took ownership! (And went to Japfest -.-)

Sneaky pic from JF..

Only today I was thinking of selling mine :(, I'm going to look at a house tomorrow but I may have to sell it to go towards the little I have for a deposit. Depending how it goes tomorrow I may have a lot of thinking to do but I hope I can avoid this, I'm gutted for you I hope I don't have to go down this route, again! This is my third already had to get rid of my previous two due to other circumstances.

Only today I was thinking of selling mine :(, I'm going to look at a house tomorrow but I may have to sell it to go towards the little I have for a deposit. Depending how it goes tomorrow I may have a lot of thinking to do but I hope I can avoid this, I'm gutted for you I hope I don't have to go down this route, again! This is my third already had to get rid of my previous two due to other circumstances.

If the opportunity to get on the ladder is there, then it's certainly worth sacrificing a car to achieve that. :)

Well to be honest, as much as I love the car, in hindsight I probably rushed into buying the car in the first place. I got my pants pulled down by Apr on finance, insurance is higher than expected due to changing car mid policy and if I'm completely honest I'm sacrificing other things in order to keep the car. However, I wanted to scratch the itch and it is hands down the best car I've owned so I don't regret it. I will however own another at some point, or even a DC5, I'll just do it when the time is right :)

A couple of months ago I wouldn't have dreamed of selling the car but when you see the likes of an Aygo costing £130 a month for a 2 year lease including insurance, 65 mpg and tax exempt, it's hard to not consider it! If having 2 years of no thrills driving means I can save up to get my own place and hopefully buy another Ctr outright in the future then I think it's a fair trade off.

I don't know what your circumstances are but if selling the car means you stand a better chance of getting on the ladder then it's worth doing. You can always buy another :)

I know it's just this will be the third that I'll be getting rid of, and everyone who knows me knows I love these cars and the one I have now is a great, honest example it's hard to let go. I'm viewing the house at 3 today, it may be a private sale.

Basically the story is I know the house well it's 3 doors up from my parents and I used to know the people who lived there, we went to bbq's, little christmas get togethers with other neighbours, the house isn't very big but it was stunning.

They sold up because of another neighbour giving them **** and this woman bought it, she then rented it out to a family who completely wrecked and neglected the house. One night these lovely tennants decided to **** off without telling anyone, so we spoke to them and said if they ever want to sell I'd be interested.

So they have been in there well over a month now tidying it up and only phoned us yesterday saying they are thinking of selling and do we want to view it so it could be a private sale but she is asking way to much for the house IMO, so depends on whether she is willing to drop the price considerable.

The house sold for £115k in 2007 when it was mint! She now wants £125k on the phone by her own admission she said 'I think I may be asking too much for it'. It'll be hard to tell for you guys without seeing it but other houses up the street have sold for £90-£95k. My parents house was for sale a few years back and was valued at over £130k they dropped it to £120k and no one went for it. My parents house is one of 6 in the street that are the biggest properties, bigger inside, bigger gardens, big driveway modern kitchen and bathroom etc.

But basically I really like the house so we'll see what happens later, but I really don't want to sacrifice the car if I can help it, wish me luck :lol:.

If the opportunity to get on the ladder is there, then it's certainly worth sacrificing a car to achieve that. :)

Yep, or even to pay off a loan like I did. Seems daft keeping a nice car when you've got more pressing engagements, like financial independence and a roof over your head.

Nooooo dont do it.... I did i regreted it

So did I, so I bought another one. Priorities, there's sh*tloads of EP3s out there. They can wait. :D

Back