• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 Any Accord Euro R Owners

Hi there!

Just found this site, its looks very good!

Im the owner now of a 03 Accord Euro R import from Japan, now heres my problem
everything is in Japanise & there is no manual with the car, I cant even change the clock
has anyone a manual in english or knows how to change it.

Ive looked at other accords but they dont have a bulit in sceen etc, I cant seems to watch dvds ither even tho they are region 2, is there anyway to change the TV tuner so i can pick up local channels?

Thanks if anyone can help

Dan

Wow, is that the latest shape (CL)???

Did'nt think there were any in the country, you may be the first.:cool:
Do you have any picture's of it??????

Sorry can't help on the clock/D.V.D problem:oops:

Yeah its the latest shape, its Pearl white with gun metal colored Rims,
Im over in Ireland so there still might not be any there lol, theres quite a few over here, the importer sold 5 in the same week I bought mine & he was getting more of them in!

No pictures yet, but ill get some sorted, Have it a few months now

hi mate

I think you need to get some pics of of the car!

The dvd problem; Japan is also region 2 but NTSC, not PAL like in the UK. It may well be that the dvd player is detecting a different format so simply not loading the disc if you are trying to play a UK one. Is the dvd player for satnav or a multi-media system? The problem you might have is locating region 2 NTSC discs, you can't get them over here. However, you can get region 0 NTSC discs. These are 'all region' dvds that will play on any player so you buy buy american, UK or whatever you want. Quite a bit of stuff out on region 0 if you know where to look.

Hope that is of some help to you

There are two that I know of in England, one was sadly written off outside a Honda bodyshop in Poole and the other was "accessing" the performance of my old EP3, on the A303. Both were blue. Stunning looking cars, I was always bemused as to why Honda never did a Type R version for the UK market, the car has a great shape, great chassis and would have done well against the likes of the ST220 etc.

As for the DVD issue, you'll have the JDM stereo in it which sadly isn't much use. You'd be better off selling it on international e-bay and buying a UK replacement unit. Is the clock on the stereo or on the car itself?

Thanks for the replys, thats great cleared up the dvd question anyway!

The Dash isnt like a normal accord unless the very new ones are different, it has a big screen with sat nav, cant understand a word of whats on the screen, worked some stuff out but not all, the clock it separate up above this unit in another smaller screen, its seams they do the same model in OZ seen it on http://www.honda.com.au so ive e-mailed them about a manual, fingers cross they have one & will mail it.

the unit can load 5 discs inside itself & has Sat-nav for japan

this car is the same as mine

DSC00248.jpg

That looks really nice
Why oh why did the UK get screwed over in every aspect of new releases :mad:

I for one, anongst many many peeps would have definately bought one

:smt023
Thanks for the replys, thats great cleared up the dvd question anyway!

The Dash isnt like a normal accord unless the very new ones are different, it has a big screen with sat nav, cant understand a word of whats on the screen, worked some stuff out but not all, the clock it separate up above this unit in another smaller screen, its seams they do the same model in OZ seen it on http://www.honda.com.au so ive e-mailed them about a manual, fingers cross they have one & will mail it.

the unit can load 5 discs inside itself & has Sat-nav for japan

this car is the same as mine

DSC00248.jpg

:cool: me like that :smt023

No mate, I believe it's the K20Z3 variant as found in the FD2 with the RBC intake manifold.

Why you say that Chris?

I'm not too clued up but i could ask him.

He got a Mugen grill and some other bits and bobs so may look different?

The one you linked is the old one mate.

FD2 K20 variant is specifically for the FD2 isn't it as it has modified internals?

Not sure, maybe it had a bespoke K20 only for the Euro R. I know it had the RBC though.

it really is a great car well worth the money, handling it unbelivable for the size of it!

I just really wana try and get all the info about what everything does!

Theres a PC slot also??

Back