• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Any hints or tips please ??

In august I will be getting a civic type R FN2 and I know its a long way away but I can't wait lol, was just wonderin if anyone has any hints or tips for me to look out for when I'm buyin. Preferably I want the GT version in white but iv been told the white ones aren't sold in this country and any that are in this country are imports or not originally white is this true ?? Thanks in advance!

That's not true. From 2009 a Championship White version was produced that included an LSD.

600 were produced for the UK.

In 2010 there was also a Mugen version in White. Same car as the 2009 one but with different front and rear bumpers, different alloys and a few Mugen badges.

Only 200 of thesewere made.

If you are getting a car older than 2009 look out for rust on top of the doors (seals revised in 2009). 2008 cars had recall to replace fuse box (MICU) that caused battery drain. 2007 cars had premature wear on 3rd gear syncro that was replaced on warranty.

General faults are squeal on set off from cold clutch. No issues from this, just annoying. Honda close to releasing revised clutch. Clutch release bearings, master cylinders failing, would be obvious on test drive. Also squeaky bushes on rear suspension, general rattles from dash, front scuttle and loose cabling in roof lining.

Other than that check for stone chips, service history inc tappet/valve checks every 25k.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum :D .

What colour are you ideally looking for ??

Well personally I don't really mind as long as its not black because there a night mare to keep them clean no matter how much chamising you do but the better half is demanding a white one so if I can get a white one it will result in less earache for me

CW = LSD as well which as an added bonus to having the best colour.

The black FN2's seem to stone chip at the front even worse than NHB EP3's did. We were looking around garages over the past few weekends and black FN2's half the age with half the mileage of an EP3 were littered in stone chips, they just looked terrible. Milano ones aren't much better.

That's they other reason I wouldn't have another black car. They do look brilliant when you polish them but it lasts about 2 seconds.

Back