• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Any M2 intake reviews?

Has anyone tried an M2 intake from Tdi north? I'm considering getting one but I'm wondering is there a reason it's much cheaper than the rest?

It's cheaper because Skunk2 did the development on it and M2 copied it.

The casting isn't quite as good as the Skunk2 item but it's only the finish and that can easily be sorted. TDi-north have said they do that if you get them to fit it.

The M2 is getting good results though, so it's hard to ignore.

This is my choice also its a good saving over the RBC and people have claimed the results are better over the standard inlet manifold, i presume you are getting a k100/kpro? let us know how you get on

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! when you getting it done?
Whats the rest of your setup?

Hopefully in the next few weeks if everything goes to plan.
I only have the car two weeks and its pretty much standard at the minute but plans are underway to change that. I'm getting the Eibach prokit with with camber arms and bolts then a frsu. Brakes are next, i was asking the lads what to go for and i'm leaning towards oem discs all round, aftermarket pads, braided lines and new fluid. Power-wise i'm thinking the M2 intake, Tegiwa induction kit and a kpro, Ive got no idea what exhaust system to get though, i dont want anything mad loud and i need it to pass the NCT ( i'm in Ireland). None of these parts are paid for yet so im open to suggestions??

Hopefully in the next few weeks if everything goes to plan.
I only have the car two weeks and its pretty much standard at the minute but plans are underway to change that. I'm getting the Eibach prokit with with camber arms and bolts then a frsu. Brakes are next, i was asking the lads what to go for and i'm leaning towards oem discs all round, aftermarket pads, braided lines and new fluid. Power-wise i'm thinking the M2 intake, Tegiwa induction kit and a kpro, Ive got no idea what exhaust system to get though, i dont want anything mad loud and i need it to pass the NCT ( i'm in Ireland). None of these parts are paid for yet so im open to suggestions??
Awesome sounds good mate!
Im on Eibach sport line springs with camber arms FRSU i would say this is the first mod that all owners should do it really transforms the handling of the car with some good tyres on, I also run Tegiwa M induction kit very good definatley buy IMO sounds fantastic and proven power gains!
I have a DC sports cat back sounds quite deep low down and raspy up in vtec not overly loud but you know its always there especially when cold depends on your budget I was lucky and found this in good condition second hand but i was going to go for a skunk mega power r which im quite glad i didnt as they are silly loud and I cant do too loud anymore i used to have a Buddyclub pro spec unsilenced and sounded like a jet coming down the road lol if your after a good flowing fairly quiet system for a good price the Tegiwa Cat back seems to be a go to exhaust!
To put the sound of my exhuast into perspective my induction sounds louder in the car than my exhaust have a look at my build thread i have a video on my youtube channel if you want to hear my setup
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...han-s-Ep3-Premier-Edition-Type-R-Build-Thread

Back