• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Any N.E. Garages you'd recommend, to look over DC5 suspension?

Anyone got any recommendations of where I can take my DC5 that is local to the Newcastle/South Shields/North East area?

I've been to Revolution a few times and as good'a machine they have for laser alignment (recommended), they can't seem to find the issue I'm getting.

• The small issue is I have a small tracking issue that the DC5 likes to turn right slightly, even after I've had the car laser aligned and re-checked - I've argued it's because once I sit in the car that that makes the car uneven as they align the car with no driver or weight on drivers side? I'm probably wrong though.

• But the bigger issue is any time I turn left I get all sorts of whirling/rubbing/vibration noises from what I think is the front right and I also get some (small) vibration through the pedals sometimes. I've checked the tyre/arch etc. and nothing is close even on full lock (now I'm back on OEM wheels).

I've had suggestions varying from gearbox humming to drive shaft play (?) but nobody seems to be able to give me a definitive answer and I'd rather not go spending money on parts that 'may or may not' be broken.

What's your mileage and when was the last time you had your gearbox oil changed?

Only reason I say that, is that I'm thinking diff.

Aye it would be.

Mileage and recent oil have changed my mind though. Honda MTF in the gearbox?

It'll be something else then.

No play in the control arms or wobble from the wheel bearings when you jack the front end up?

It'll be something else then.

No play in the control arms or wobble from the wheel bearings when you jack the front end up?
Not according to the mechanic at Revolution that checked it over, he said there is a chance the bearing might be getting dry, but it's definitely not got any play in it?

Sounds like a drive shaft or CV joint issue?
It's booked in for next wed, if it were to be one of these items, would it still be safe to drive for another week?

The small issue is I have a small tracking issue that the DC5 likes to turn right slightly, even after I've had the car laser aligned and re-checked - I've argued it's because once I sit in the car that that makes the car uneven as they align the car with no driver or weight on drivers side? I'm probably wrong though

I have this problem also, the past 3 times Ive had my alignment done the tracking has almost immediately gone off centre :(

JM Imports is a local garage I use

At the minute it's re-re-booked in at Revolution for them to do a final alignment but this time they've given time after specifically to check over the suspension, last time they just gave it a once over after doing alignment, so here's hoping the guys will find something this time.

Who does your alignment bowman, JM ?

first time I had JM fit my springs, bushes etc, I had it done at Revolution.

now I just use a local place in Darlington

Back