• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

any other tyre recommendations?

looking at tyre options for my standard wheels but wondering what the more pricey options?

previously on the civic i've had the bridgestones, toyo t1r and parada spec 2's was more than happy with the spec 2's but thinking of trying something new. I had some yokohama neova AD07 put on my elise and they are unbelievably good does anybody know where i can get something like them for the standard civic wheels?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got Michelin Pilat exalto PE2's on mine, they're brilliant in both wet and dry and give me loads of confidence grip wise. They cost me £555 fitted, balanced etc, that was with a tiny bit of discount though. Well worth the money :D

found a very ggod tyre test on autocar LINK

puts the goodyears top! over michelins, the new potenza's and p-zero's didn't fair that well

it seems EVO also put the Eagle F1 first in a tyre test LINK

looks like i may have to try these :twisted:

well i couldn't seem to find the eagle F1 assymetics in the right size and a sudden drop in finances left me going back to Parada spec 2's, i did want a change but they are still good and a bargain to boot.

As I have said elsewhere, it is all I will be using from now on.

+1 Brilliant tyres the F1 Asymmetrics

Dotty are your F1's 215/45 R17? If so did the 10mm in width make any difference?

Thanks

I used 215/45 R17s, no issues, no rubbing etc on the EP3. Only thing is you will be doing 71.02 mph when your speedo reads 70 but that's no big deal. I doubt the speedo is accurate to that degree anyway!

well i couldn't seem to find the eagle F1 assymetics in the right size and a sudden drop in finances left me going back to Parada spec 2's, i did want a change but they are still good and a bargain to boot.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b0s15p15446 - F1 Asymmetrics in 215/45/17 = £87.00

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b0s457p9090 - Paradas in 205/45/17 = £98.64

You'd be silly not to....

Edit: 215/45/17 is closest you can get in the Eagles, no 205/45/17... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
[/QUOTE]I used 215/45 R17s, no issues, no rubbing etc on the EP3. Only thing is you will be doing 71.02 mph when your speedo reads 70 but that's no big deal. I doubt the speedo is accurate to that degree anyway![/QUOTE]

Thanks Loxy. In terms of looks, do they look much different than the 205/45 R17? By that I mean do they look odd, i.e. too big for the wheel? I feel they won't, but just want to be sure before buying them. Also does the extra 10mm in width provide any more rim protection?

They don't look odd on the car at all.

My wheels were pretty well kerbed anyway so it's hard to say if they prevented any more! :lol:

Heard nothing but great things about the RS2's, was going to throw a set on my DC2 if i'd kept it :D

Back