• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Any thoughts on K&N 57i for EP3

I recently fitted a pipercross panel filter to my EP3 and thought I would draw the line on intake mods with that......

However, browsing through Amazon today, I came across a 57i kit, 57-0442 for the EP3, from Amazon direct, brand new, discounted from a claimed £288 down to £37 !

I thought I'll have that, as at that price, you can't go wrong, if its poor, Ill put it straight on the 'bay

I like the look of the kit, as it appears to have a model specific cold air intake, rather than just the generic pipe that appears to come in all of the kits

Any thoughts / comments on the kit ?

It will make a good noise but do nothing for gains as it will suck hot air from the engine bay.

Has one on my old EV1, sounded ace...

Dscf0813.jpg

Dscf0814.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, cone looks to be pretty big, how did you find running the cold air feed pipe ?

The EV1 had fogs, which is the normal place you should put it, but once you get the OEM airbox off it's pretty easy to see where it all should go.

Thanks for the reply, I am aiming to install next weekend, will post some pictures after the install and my thoughts on what it drives like

I had this in my old ep3 and I wasn't happy and changed it for the Tegiwa ASAP. Like Loxy said it just sucked in hot air and felt sluggish on response. Awesome noise but not great on throttle pick up

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Finally fitted to my car this morning, I was dreading fitting it as the last K&N 57i I fitted to a car was a nightmare...........

Airbox removed, no dramas, new filter fitted, breather pipe fitted, the cold air intake pipe, with bespoke end piece, what a total nightmare, do mechanics have 6' long pipe cleaner thickness arms ! was very difficult to fit as one piece

Anyway, finally all fitted, havent been for a drive in the car yet, did start it up, a very weird droning intake noise on a cold start

Will give it a proper go on Monday to work :)

I am thinking of fitting a silicone air intake pipe to throttle body next, I assume this will mate up with no issues to the K&N filter ?

As long as the diameters are the same yes it will fit. With it being silicone though they are sometimes tight going on, so warm the ends with a hairdryer or some hot water that you towel off before fitting so the ends are more pliable and less prone to splitting and you should be fine.

The car does make a noise on idle with it fitted, a lot of filters will do this. It is just because the airbox isn't there suppressing the scavenging pulses.

First run out in car with the 57i fitted today........

Hit 4,000rpm, can tell something is different at just under 6,000rpm, wow, massive change, grin inducing !

Fitted the silicone intake pipe today, along with a tegiwa heat shield, both pretty simply to fit arriving at some point today is a stainless sports back box, once thats fitted, performance modifications sorted

Next up, alloys refurbished and I really wouldn't mind a carbon bonnet

Back