• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

anybody fitted these?

Do it, great mod, a little fiddly to do the inside ones but overall makes the gear change feel like a rifle bolt, get the short shifter as well work great together.

Do it, great mod, a little fiddly to do the inside ones but overall makes the gear change feel like a rifle bolt, get the short shifter as well work great together.

just trying to get to the issue of it not going in gear when i want it too,sometimes i have to press the clutch down twice before i dare engage reverse incase it grinds,where do you get the short shifter kit from

just trying to get to the issue of it not going in gear when i want it too,sometimes i have to press the clutch down twice before i dare engage reverse incase it grinds,where do you get the short shifter kit from

Short shifter from Tegiwaaaaaa , not going into gear sounds more like clutch problem too me, not a mechanic though so don't quote me on that.

Needless to say you need too fully stop before you engage reverse, either that or it could be clutch or at worst the synchromesh

As above mate, I'd be looking at why it struggles to engage gear rather than trying to mask it.

is there a how to on how to fit these? for 26 English euro's and whatever a short shifter costs I am tempted if this is a worth while mod!

As above...

It sounds cheap and effective, if there's a how to and it's easy enough I might be tempted to break the spanners out :smt023

Last edited by a moderator:
well the symptoms are as follows

1st thing in the morning or after a day at work i have to reverse off the drive/work car park so i press the clutch in and reverse will grind but if i press the clutch in a second time it goes in gear fine this also happens with 1st gear

i think it seems to help if i really push the clutch pedal hard,the car has done 75k and as far as i know its on the original clutch

just wanna make sure it is the clutch and not the synco's

dont mind spending money on the car but not gonna fix ****** thats not broke

Well
Put it this way.

A clutch at 75k isn't going to be doing your syncros any good anyhow.

If its not quite disengaging fully, they'll be wearing prematurely.

To replace them, box will be off. So clutch change would be easier at this point too.

Tell me, is the clutch pedal low to the floor?

Well
Put it this way.

A clutch at 75k isn't going to be doing your syncros any good anyhow.

If its not quite disengaging fully, they'll be wearing prematurely.

To replace them, box will be off. So clutch change would be easier at this point too.

Tell me, is the clutch pedal low to the floor?

not really noticed to be fair,i will take a pic tomorrow ok

hope its not the synco's mate

$70. Phone is playing up so can't work out how much postage would be. But they look pretty good.

Back