• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anymore mods before k100??

Planning on getting k100 fitted and mapped at cpl in the next month but wondered if there are any other small mods I can do prior to having k100 fitted to eak tha little more out of the map??

Right chaps current engine spec is;
Tegiwa M intake
Toda full cat back
Japspeed 4-2-1 decat manifold

Going to be fitting;
Rbc inlet with thermal tasks and throttle adaptor etc

Things I'm wondering about, is it worth;
70mm throttle body??
Rerouting throttl body heating?

Any other ideas appreciated

Leeroyv

I would say you are fine as you are & don't bother with the throttle body mod.

The throttle body coolant bypass is a great mod, have done it to most of the Type R's I have owned.

Choose your tuner wisely as you are likely locked into them going forward. Unlocked K100 would be wise if you can. That way you could consider getting Mase to tune next time he is in the UK, or be able to use other tuners.

I'm new to the forum so who's this masse chap? Cpl racing is 5mins from me so nice and easy in that respect.

Cool heard mixed reports in upgrading throttle body but ill defo get the throttle body coolant rerouted

By-pass the coolant so it doesn't pass through the throttle body and block up the in and out pipes on the throttle body.

The coolant obviously gets warm as it flows round the engine and is there on the TB to warm it up. In our climate you rarely need to warm the TB as intake temps aren't usually low enough to cause problems.

Yeah i am interested on how to do this as well. Is it just disconnect the pipe from the throttle body and back into the engine

What are the benefits of this modification? Could someone please upload a picture of the mod just to represent how the rerouting is advised?

Hot coolant flows through your throttle body and contributes towards higher intake temperatures.

On the bottom the tb there are two coolant pipes that go to two coolant pipes on the block.

All you need to do is loop the pipes on the block.

So instead of going from the block to the tb, it goes back to where the other tb pipe comes from.

On the bottom the tb there are two coolant pipes that go to two coolant pipes on the block.

All you need to do is loop the pipes on the block.

So instead of going from the block to the tb, it goes back to where the other tb pipe comes from.

Thanks Stoo. When I do this and the coolant leaks, can I put that same coolant back into the system or can it not be reused?

Stick it back in. Don't worry about losing it from the tb but be quick when you do the block hoses.

The stuff coming out of the tb is just he stud trapped in it.

Personally, first I'd pull one hose off the bottom of the tb, and put a bolt in it to stop losing coolant out of the block.

Then I'd pull a hose off one of the block pipes and put the hose with the bolt in it, straight on the block pipe you've just pulled off.

Be quick and you won't lose much

Yeah might take a bit longer for your intake temps to rise when stationary.

I've still done it regardless of whether I gain or not.

I don't live in Poland so think heating up my throttle body is overkill for the UK hahaha.

70mm throttle body is a worthwhile mod IMO provided you port match the intake manifold to 70mm too

If you go for something like a S90 or BHP Factory throttle body you won't be spending mega bucks either whereas the likes of Skunk, Spoon & Tracy etc are expensive

Back