• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Anyone a budding journalist? FK8 car description required on the homepage

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Hi all,

We will shortly be updating the homepage to include the FK8. Sure, we're probably a little behind as the car has been known about for some time, but we all have day jobs and Chris (another Chris) who does our graphics design etc is a busy man.

Rather than me go off to Honda literature to gather data and write it myself, I thought I would see if anyone on the site (preferably an FK8 owner) would like to write something to be part of the homepage?

I was at a Honda event yesterday and their head of PR for cars said he found the homepage extremely useful as he was required to collate statistics for previous Type R's and he couldn't find any other source of the information in one place. So the information that's been added to this site over time has been used by Honda themselves to make up briefings for the media and press!

This is the FK2 page and I would require something of similar length.

Please feel free to post it here or send me a PM

I'll bite.... feel free to tweak to your hearts content people.

Honda raises the bar yet again with the FK8 Civic Type R. Building on its legendary credentials set by previous generations, Honda again adds even more performance ability to the all-new 2017 model.

Continuing to be assembled in the UK, this is first Type R in many years to be sold in the US, and surely appealing to its large enthusiasts market. It's predecessor's VTEC Turbo engine has been further uprated to produce it's highest performance ever for a Type R. The suspension modes Comfort, Sport and +R also improved, each progressively enhancing the car's personality and feel for maximum driver engagement. Honda's renowned attention to detail and pushing to the limit has earned the FK8 a fiery new Nurburgring record time for FWD, cementing it's status as an exceptional road legal track car, and proving it's wide ranging agility.

The base Civic's appearance has been turned up several notches, increased focus on styling and airflow resulting in highly aggressive looks for the flagship Type R. The FK8 adds a new paint option Sonic Grey Pearl to the existing Type R colour range of Milano Red, Brilliant Sporty Blue Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl, Championship White and Polished Metal Metallic. High levels of comfort features and safety aids, with additional options on the GT model, along with a range of accessories make the FK8 hugely configurable, suiting different tastes.

Rave international acclaim from the media and high anticipation ensures the FK8 will continue to further enhance the reputation of the Type R range for years to come.

Specs

Engine
Capacity & Type
2.0-litre (1996cc) Turocharged DOHC 16v inline 4 (K20C1)
Maximum Power
320ps (316bhp) @ 6500rpm
Maximum Torque
400Nm @ 2500-4500rpm
Drive & Transmission
Drivetrain
FF
Transmission
6-speed manual
LSD
Helical limited slip differential
Brakes
Front
350mm drilled ventilated disc (4 pot Brembo calipers)
Disc Thickness 32mm
Minimum Disc Thickness 30mm
Offset (Disc Height) 55mm
Rear305mm solid disc
Wheels & Tyres
Wheels
20 x 8.5-Inch 10-Spoke Aluminum Alloy
TyresContinental SportContact 6 (245/30ZR20 Xl)(90Y)
Dimensions & Weight
Length / Width / Height
4557mm / 1877mm / 1434mm
Wheelbase
2699mm
Weight
1380kg - 1420kg
Performance
Maximum Speed
169mph (272kph)
Acceleration
0-60mph 5.8 seconds