• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anyone done a Pre facelift to post facelift Rear light conversion?

Just after a bit of info about this, looking to change my facelift rear lights to pre-facelift. Ive done a quick search and just comes up with modified bulb holders and wiring loom will be needed but doest go into much detail. Any hints and tips?

Thanks Adam.

Doubt it mate. Are your current lights working okay? If so keep them, and spend the money elsewhere. IMO.

I changed mine from facelift to prefacelift many moons ago

Before:
img0363p.jpg

After:
img1169el.jpg

Preferred the darker look on the cosmic

Basic swap over really, you just need the bulb holder as you say for different lights, then what I did was I used a couple of spade connectors to attach some wires into the existing connector to save cutting anything on the wiring on the car. I then cut the plastic around the connectors on the bulb holder and then soldered the ends of the wire to the right connectors.

Thanks SIKBoY and N77 im just not a massive fan of the facelift lights, they have a "lexus halfords" theme.

Can't you just take the lights apart and spray the silver bit black?
Very popular thing to do on the later evo's.

Meh. It's a light just leave it and spend your time and money on other areas of the car. IMO.

Can't you just take the lights apart and spray the silver bit black?
Very popular thing to do on the later evo's.

i did this with the front lights on my old car and had to use a heat gun, tbh i just wanted a quick swap, there are other things i can be buying for now :D

Back