• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anyone done MSV Advanced Trackday Course

I'm thinking of doing this trackday at Snetterton

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/trackdays/event-details.asp?ProductID=3565

Here is the format of the day.

The day includes:

·Teas / coffees and bacon roll on arrival
·Lunch with instructors
·1 ½ hours one to one tuition in our VX220 Turbo’s
·1 ½ hours advanced driving lessons in the classroom
·1 ½ hours of one to one tuition in your own car
·1 ½ hours of unlimited lapping in your own car

I thought its quite good value as you get to learn the track in someone else's car. You also get 3hrs on track tuition which is one of main reasons this days interests me.

Has anyone been one of these days before?
Any feedback would be great.

Looks like a cool day. I was looking into few month back, and will definitely attend one of those days once my car is fully sorted.

Silverstone does some pretty good days too.

Why not take your own car and have a few 25 minute lessons once your there or do a novice day? It'd be a lot cheaper and you get to know your car a lot better.

It doesn't take long to learn Snetterton and it's only the bombhole and coram that take a bit of balls to go round quickly.

He gets to drive his own car on that day, but 4.5 hrs of total tuition is pretty damn good and 3 hrs in your own car so you'll learn your own car as well.

A normal track day is £150 - £200 which may include 30 mins of tuition, maybe a little more.

So I get 4.5hrs tuition (3 of which in my own car).

Also when I did a supercar experience day I reckon I only got 45mins behind the wheel for £250. With this I get 1.5hrs in the VX220.

So I get the best of both worlds.

I just would prefer if the track car was fwd like a Megane Sport.
The VX220 will be more fun, but I feel I would get more out of the day as whole learning in a fwd, rather than swapping half way through.

Dont know any of the instructors at Snett, but it should be a great day. Just remember to get the front end loaded up before you turn into turn one or you will end up in norwich! :)

A normal track day is £150 - £200 which may include 30 mins of tuition, maybe a little more.

So I get 4.5hrs tuition (3 of which in my own car).

Also when I did a supercar experience day I reckon I only got 45mins behind the wheel for £250. With this I get 1.5hrs in the VX220.

So I get the best of both worlds.

I just would prefer if the track car was fwd like a Megane Sport.
The VX220 will be more fun, but I feel I would get more out of the day as whole learning in a fwd, rather than swapping half way through.

Brands has a fleet of Megane Sport. I got to play around in one when I did my race track experience day. They are nice people managing the track too, I reckon if you call them they'll be able to cater a special program for you... Maybe they won't but it doesn't cost anything to try ;)

Back