• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anyone else have water entering thorugh the alarm sensors?

I have a 55 reg EP3.

This has been a reocurring problem for a while now, but during heavy rain I notice water entering through the rear sensors.

This hasnt caused any problems with the alarm though.

Im just wondering is this a common problem and can it be fixed by myself without being ripped off by the stealers?

I can't remember where the rear sensors are, but it's a common fault for the rear spolier to leak and for water to drip onto the parcel shelf.

This happened to my EP3 and I know of a few others this is happening too.

I had a carbon Mugen style wing on mine, but it happens to the OEM one too.

It can be fixed by getting some rubber washers and placing them over the 10mm fixing screws to stop the water getting in.

areal seal just above the sensors.

the spoiler is attached to the boot lid so it seems unlikely for water to travel uphill to the sensor.

I can't remember where the rear sensors are, but it's a common fault for the rear spolier to leak and for water to drip onto the parcel shelf.

This happened to my EP3 and I know of a few others this is happening too.

I had a carbon Mugen style wing on mine, but it happens to the OEM one too.

It can be fixed by getting some rubber washers and placing them over the 10mm fixing screws to stop the water getting in.

Thanks for this, Ive checked it and luckily the rear spoiler is fine at the moment. It seems to be leaking in from where the rear sensor is, (just below the arial, above the back seat).

1.Remove the rear part of headliner.
2.Disconnect the antenna lead connector (A) and 1P connector (B) from the roof antenna (C).

22-215b25.gif

3.Remove the mounting nut and the antenna.

I should think the rubber seal needs a good clean and replacing or the whole thing has come loose and need tightening as the clamping force creates the seal.

That pic helps a lot as I'm trying to do this atm, but the actual bolt that B is connected too isn't accessible so how do I go about removing it?! I've even moved the metal mounting plate to one side in the head liner but its impossible to gain access to it?! Any ideas guys?!

Back