• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anyone got a Tegiwa backbox with un silenced b pipe

Hi All

I'm in need of some help

I'm thinking about getting a Tegiwa backbox to swap out my Spoon n1. I've been in contact with Tegiwa and they are happy to sell just the backbox but have informed me I would need the flange rewelding to fit onto the standard figment b pipe.

What i'm now thinking is; as the standard system with a un silenced b pipe gives a really nice raspy sound but still not to loud. Would the Tegiwa backbox with un silenced b pipe also be raspy and not overly loud?

Any help would be much appreciated

no idea on how loud it would be with that set up, It would be quieter for sure but by how much I don't know.
Also I think you would still lose the rasp and have a fairly deep tone

As you would have to get the flanges changed anyway wouldn't it be worth getting a custom backbox made up (with as much silencing capacity as possible.)

I ran a magnex backbox for a short while on an unsilenced b pipe as this was supposed to be one of the quieter back boxes.
But definitely didn't give off a raspy tone but was certainly no where near the level of the spoon N1 and unsilenced which I also ran before.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was my fear! The only reason I though it may have been slightly more raspy was after watching the smoke hoes videos. Their car is running a HKS back box with un silenced b pipe and race manifold and it has some rasp to it.

Back