• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anyone heard of Forte?

Guys,

As some of you may know, after my recent accident, i had my ICV cleaned out but when i approach round abouts and junctions, the revs dips to about 0.5k revs :eek:

Now i know thats not much to worry about but there have been times when it just stalls when i dont even realise and feel like a complete muppet when i step on the gas and nothing happens :oops: Only then i realise and have to re-start the engine to get myself away again :lol:

Been down to honda as i had to get my headlight adjusted (as it was pointing too high) and was talking to the technicians there and they recommended the above-

Forte- Advance formula gas treatment

Put that in the petrol tank the next time i fill up and that should clean the system etc.

So just wanted to know if anyone else heard of this?

I presume its just like using V-Power/ Optimax or adding stuff in the petrol to clean the system?

cheers

Gary

Honda did sort out my initial ICV problem, Stu, in that i could drive the car normally.

Its just what i said above- when i approach junctions, the revs drops totally.

What they did say, and what i thought, is that i just need to take the car out for a longish drive and get the system/ECU etc "use" to the revs again.

Gary

Na, i wouldnt thought so Stu.

The lads at Scotswood Road are spot on and its the only place i take it as i trust them with my car and get on great :cool:

Si

Air con- yes
Lighten flywheel- no

Start engine, open bonnet, get someone to blip throttle and watch the aircon clutch when the engine attempts to stall. My clutch was seizing on the S2000 so I just installed a shorter aux belt and the problem went :) If it's that, you will be able to see it straight away.

Well here the thing Si.....

when the engine is running- it idles fine- around 0.75-1.5k revs once warmed up. Its just when i'm driving and approach something that the revs drops to 0.5k revs :confused: :confused:

Hard to explain but i hope you know what i mean.

Gary

Well here the thing Si.....

when the engine is running- it idles fine- around 0.75-1.5k revs once warmed up. Its just when i'm driving and approach something that the revs drops to 0.5k revs :confused: :confused:

Hard to explain but i hope you know what i mean.

Gary

Exactly what mine did, just keep blipping the throttle when you check, it will try and stall. Well, unless it's something as simple as battery / alternator, have you had them checked too ??

True- the revs does drop to 0.5k when i blip the throttle ......

Wheres the A/c clutch? and whats the aux belt :confused:

Back