• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anyone mapped on Tesco momentum?

As above really, just wondering if anyone has had their car mapped on Tesco momentum, I know I should probably use V-power but just exploring options at the moment, also there is a Tesco filling station 5 minutes from me.:D

I have noticed no difference, I have mainly been using it too... reaping the club card points rewards.

My DC5 was fine on V Power and Tesco 99 mate. I lived in Blandford mostly when it was mapped and as you know, Tesco is just round the corner compared to a 20 minute drive for V Power.

It didn't like BP Ultimate fuel though, seemed to knock a fair bit on it. Texaco Super unleaded was also fine.

BP Ultimate however was fine when not mapped.

The shell garage is not hard to get to either really, I guess it wont be noticeable..

Just use Tesco mate, combined with the 5p off a litre after a shop and points it'll work out cheaper.

Since having mine mapped I can't tell the difference between V-power and morrisons muck. Much of a muchness... and I've had cars which ran like a dog on morrisons fuel before now.

Before K100 I thought V-power ran better though.

Could just be placebo effect of spending more money on fuel, your brain is attempting to tell you it was justified?...

good article that. read it a few years ago and it is always worth a read. i was however unaware of their tesco sponsorship which could cloud their reporting somewhat.

TDi-North's recent successes on their drag cars have all been achieved on Tesco Momentum. ;)

I remember joking at the time that, "Every little helps."

I know from owning Remapped and modified Subaru's That V-Power is the better Fuel this is from the mouth of a well know Subaru Mapper Aka "Andrew Car!" And my own experience how do i know this? Well I have had a Apexi Ecu with the commander hand controller! This device lets you control the ecu and tell you all the Paramount's of the engine like timing / Injector duty cycle / Knock / and lots more on the fly and will also show peak levels the one we are looking at to determine the best fuel is "Knock" the more Knock IE "Pre Detonation" we see the worse the fuel! This is the bigest killer of a Boosted motor! All my Subaru's have been mapped on V-Power if I ever had to use Tesco Momentum" I would see a rise in Knock on the Commander not a lot but its there ever time! Some of you guys and girls who are running Turbos or Chargers will have Knock links fitted bet you will see a difference too! And I am sure any good mappers will be seeing this whilst mapping different cars! My mapper can tell what fuel you are running just from what he sees on the AFR's and amount of Knock! :cool: In a normal aspirated car it is not going to make any difference! But in a Boosted car mapped on V-Power I would try to Stick to that fuel if you are going to be using Tesco as its your nearest Station then get the car mapped on that fuel! Well there's my take on the matter! :lol:

Alan! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back