• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anyone running Evo 8 wheels on ep3 stock suspension?

Hi, first post sorry might get long. You don't have to read the whole thing. Long story short, has anyone run evo 8 wheels on ep3 stock suspension with 215/45 r17 tyres?

MOT is due soon, the car is fine except tyres. I got a deal on some evo 8 wheels with powder coating. Had a look on here, there's lots of info on lowered cars but not much about stock. I really like the look of them on 215/45 r17's. Bought them thinking worst case they can go on the stock wheels till I get cash to sort any issues. Have to do things bit by bit on my budget. Would like to lower, FRSU maybe some value for money mods.
If they scuff the arch, where does it touch and how bad? Some say if you're not lowered you'll be fine others say the stock springs are too soft, making it worse. If I roll the rear arches would I need to get the rear camber arms? I have the front camber bolts. Decent camber arms are out of budget right now as far as I know. Strong ones that don't corrode. I'm a CNC machinist so was thinking about making them if I get time and maybe a drawing. Could mill/turn the back face of the wheel to change the offset but not sure how much.

Any help would be great thanks.
Chris

P.S. Already got Mitsubishi flat seat lug nuts M12 x 1.5 and 64.1mm to 67.1mm spigot rings.

Thanks Stoneman I did think of getting 205's but from pics I thought the stretch looked too much for me. They will be getting fitted next week so I'll find out soon. If you think of anyone that has run 215's let me know.

No you'll only need to roll the arches if you lower it and run 225/45/17 's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got it through MOT. EVO 8 's fit perfect with 215/45's on stock suspension. No scuffing at all. Not had a full car yet but had old wheels in the back and 1 passenger. They look pretty nice too.

Back