• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anyone tried 99 ron at Tesco

zeffania

1 Armed Warrior
Just filled mine up at 88.9p so wondered if anyone thought it was any good, worth the extra 4p over 95?

zeffania said:
Just filled mine up at 88.9p so wondered if anyone thought it was any good, worth the extra 4p over 95?

Used it a few times and seems to give better throttle response. Havent noticed any better mpg though.

Ben imo mate your better off using V-Power.
Ok it's 98 RON, but the cleaning properties in it make it worth the extra few pence over Tesco imo.

Also iirc my pal running his EVO VI says it's not a good petrol. He said some fellas from the MLR ran some tests with tuners or something & apparently the way it burns is very aggressive & sudden. Unlike V-Power which is a more consistant burn.

Juts passing on what I've been told. I have always run my cars on Optimax & since the change V-Power. I will continue to do so too :wink:

HTH's mate/

I use it all the time. Its good stuff and you get clubcard points back too to fund ferry crossings to the continent!! :lol:

Me in my Kpro'd EP3 and a uk spec DC2 tryed it and found it gave LOADS of midrange power/torque, also the DC2 found a few mph extra on the top speed :p :wink:

Tesco 99 isn't true super. It's blended with bio-ethanol in small amounts to give it the characteristics of 99 octane.

I used to use it but then swapped to V-Power... never looked back.

used it over christmas instead of vpower as i could 'nt get any

car felt very flat compaired with the v power

Ultim8_Evil said:
Tesco 99 isn't true super. It's blended with bio-ethanol in small amounts to give it the characteristics of 99 octane.

It's the bio-ethanol that causes the hard burn I was jabbering about :wink:

When V Power came out it was deffo 98 ron im certain.

As Optimax was 97 and it went up to 98.

When did it jump to 99?

Back