• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 Apexi Neo

Anyone used or using one???

Are they worth while having???

Dont want to mess with vtec points just the fuel/air ;)

I had 1 fitted before the hondata ecu. Im sure it made about 9 bhp extra top end (@ wheels) and plenty more midrange torque by dropping the vtec and leaning out the fueling. All standard ATR`S run too rich as standard so they do make more top end power when the fuelling is sorted, thats been proven on my car and LL`s old car.
Its also got loads of other features on it so you can monitor what your engine is doing aswell. Someone else on the forum has my old unit on their car now.

Im sticking mine back on the rollers today to make sure that its back to full health, if its not im gonna send it to the big vtec graveyard in the sky:twisted:
Im going to drag Mase along with me just to make sure all the settings on the rollers are as they should be aswell.

Im sticking mine back on the rollers today to make sure that its back to full health, if its not im gonna send it to the big vtec graveyard in the sky:twisted:
Im going to drag Mase along with me just to make sure all the settings on the rollers are as they should be aswell.

Let me know how you get on matey ;)

Ask Mase too if he can get a Neo for me at the right money :lol: and whether a harness is avilable to just plug it straight in as i have been told you can get one :D

Soz had a few beers since i last drove the car:p but feck me does she fly:twisted:
After i fitted a new dizzy, ARC induction kit, map sensor, had the injectors cleaned and adjusted the valve clearance the car was not running to its full potential (partly my fault:lol: ) so Mase adjusted the fuelling again (on the way to lunch:D ) and it pulls like a train. I didn`t bother sticking it back on the rollers again today as he is gonna stick it back inbetween mapping a few s/c`d and turbo`d S2k`s on saturday, if he thinks he can improve it atall he will make some more adjustments:cool:
I never thought you could gain torque across the band like this on a n/a motor without serious cc increase, i cant wait now to get my cams fitted now.
Rich save the extra cash and go Hondata, il give you a bell tomoz

Barry Mase can map a aem ecu what do you recone he would charge????????
i was going to takeit to Dan from advance motorsport down milton kenyes as he mapped the atr before

Soz had a few beers since i last drove the car:p but feck me does she fly:twisted:
After i fitted a new dizzy, ARC induction kit, map sensor, had the injectors cleaned and adjusted the valve clearance the car was not running to its full potential (partly my fault:lol: ) so Mase adjusted the fuelling again (on the way to lunch:D ) and it pulls like a train. I didn`t bother sticking it back on the rollers again today as he is gonna stick it back inbetween mapping a few s/c`d and turbo`d S2k`s on saturday, if he thinks he can improve it atall he will make some more adjustments:cool:
I never thought you could gain torque across the band like this on a n/a motor without serious cc increase, i cant wait now to get my cams fitted now.
Rich save the extra cash and go Hondata, il give you a bell tomoz

dyno plots is where its at Bazza, stick em up so we can see

Il get he latest plots up tomorrow Darling:santa: I should als be able to see if the ARC inductin kit is any better or worse than the standard modified airbox with k&n aswell..
I said to Mase yesterday about the AEM you had fitted Phil and he reckons he could get better gains using that than he could using a Hondata ecu. I think he charges £450 to map n/a cars and £600 for turbo cars. He is back over in March as he will be mapping mine again (the gay h22 boat as he calls it) with the cams and also doing KevBevs car and a few more car.
Apparantly he mapped a supra today and made over 600 whp:cool: , i dont think he will be mapping like that tomorrow after we get him on the wife beater tonight:lol:
My aim now is 220 whp n/a which he reckons should be quite easily gained with the cams and a rmf or smsp header.

cheers Barry i mite get mase in march to map mine which is the best header out off the two to get as i was thinking off changing the fanifold & get buddy club spec 2 cams,which ones you going for????????????

cheers Barry i mite get mase in march to map mine which is the best header out off the two to get as i was thinking off changing the fanifold & get buddy club spec 2 cams,which ones you going for????????????

I can see the Skyline idea gettin further an further away :lol:

Let me ask you somethin, whats the point in wastin money on headers an cams an such like if you want a skyline??
Save the extra money you would spend on the accord an get a liner sooner ;)

I can see the Skyline idea gettin further an further away :lol:

Let me ask you somethin, whats the point in wastin money on headers an cams an such like if you want a skyline??
Save the extra money you would spend on the accord an get a liner sooner ;)

had a shot off a r33gtr yesterday & yey it was quick but it was boring to drive not as fun as the ATR,it was to planted even when i tryed to push it it just held,so not decided if the skyline will be my next motor,mite keep the ATR another year & see what i can get out off her:twisted: :twisted:

The best header £/bhp is made by a company called camp 1320, this has given higher bhp when tested than the RMF and SMSP stuff and it only costs 500 US dollars:D what it does need tho is a bracket welding onto it at the sub frame to stop it cracking, otherwise you will need 1 of the more expensive types listed above which are about £800.
Ive already got my cams orderd, ive gone for Skunk2 pro series stage 1 which should see up to 225 whp with a good header and map and keep the standard power band. The bloke at Skunk2 said this added to an increased cc of 2.4 should see around 250+ whp.
The next stage up is the pro series stage 2 cams which need a minimum of 11.4.1 com ratio to get the power, which means forged flat faced valves and a skim off the head or a change of pistons. When i spoke to Skunk2 on Tuesday they said these would be great for track and fast street but would loose torque below 2500 rpm but should see up to 245 whp:twisted:
Mase and the boys at AE and everyone else keeps telling me to do a k series swap as its such a good engine but i cant see how:confused: I would rather keep the exta cc and leave the H22 where honda put it:cool: , Mase was shocked aswell when i told him the qtr mile time of The BOAT;) especially as its only just slower than he ran in his NSX.

how much did you get the skunk 2 cams for? i have emailed rmf for a price for a header for our motor,just waiting for them to get back to me,i take it your keeping the car n/a i dont see how they could do a k20 swap on the ATR it woukd be intresting if they could:smt047

had a shot off a r33gtr yesterday & yey it was quick but it was boring to drive

I remember being slated for saying that on the ATR form:lol:
The couple i drove R33 and R34, just did'nt do anything for me, very quick, but lacked feeling/character:(

I think the cams were £560 with springs and retainers and postage from the US from AE.
The k series will go into the ATR, using the AEM ecu you have makes it cheaper but the best thing to do is use a k24 bottom with k20 head and apparantly some IPS cams which has been proven to give 300+ whp with this setup.
The power went up again today to 193.4 whp (189.7 last time):cool: so the ARC must have done its job as thats the only mod since last time it ran there, The other cars that were there today that have used the same rollers before were making less power than last time and mine was up:smt047. My torque was up aswell from last time and peak was 141 lb/ft @ wheels, last time it was about 137 lb/ft. Mase did have a fiddle tho :D
The power is spot on now and its that smooth that you cant see the vtec changever on the graph

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the cams were £560 with springs and retainers and postage from the US from AE.
The k series will go into the ATR, using the AEM ecu you have makes it cheaper but the best thing to do is use a k24 bottom with k20 head and apparantly some IPS cams which has been proven to give 300+ whp with this setup.
The power went up again today to 193.4 whp (189.7 last time):cool: so the ARC must have done its job as thats the only mod since last time it ran there, The other cars that were there today that have used the same rollers before were making less power than last time and mine was up:smt047. My torque was up aswell from last time and peak was 141 lb/ft @ wheels, last time it was about 137 lb/ft. Mase did have a fiddle tho :D
The power is spot on now and its that smooth that you cant see the vtec changever on the graph

nice figures there Barry,what kind off price would we be looking at for the k24 k20 hybrid setup?????

Back