• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Appradio 2 Installation Problem

dwd

Hi,

I've recently attempted to install a SPH-DA100 into my 2006 EP3 Type-R .

I've wired everthing apart from the parking brake wire. That's currently not connected to anything.

As is, the unit turns on but there is no sound at all. On the dash the speaker icon is constantly in its 'OFF' state and I cannot turn it on nor access the sound settings through the menu.

There are speakers connected so they should work. I am wondering if not connecting the parking brake wire disables sound for everything? Or am I missing something?

I plan to connect a relay but that won't be here for a few weeks so it would be good to know if I can get around it for now. I do not want to connect to my parking brake as it will be a real pain to remove my central console again.

Thanks

the parking brake wire could be the issue the head unit will limit some functions when your driving or when it thinks your driving. The wire is going to have to go to a earth to make your sat nav work anyway, so fit it to a earth i.e cigar lighter earth or similar and see if it works.

Why are you fitting a relay?

Yeah, just earth the lead that is supposed to connect to the parking brake.

Quick easy fix for those "no video's while car is in motion" sons of b1tches too.

The standard earthing the green wire doesn't work.

The newer Pioneers need a double electrical pulse on the wire to get it to work properly.

http://youtu.be/lDGZEZrUdRo

Have a look at this. It should help and takes about 5 mins to make up a bypass relay.

Incidentally I have a brand new in box pioneer sphda100, was going to put it in my old car and never did. Bought new, unopened!

hi mate I have a Appradio 2 and I wired mine into a Relay due to the Parking Brake Cable having to see a signal i.e handbrake on when you turn the car on then losing the signal i.e driving around then seeing a signal again I might have some pics of it on my forum on here

Back