• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

apres cat

after my cat killing episode I went to collect my car from Lookers Honda in warrington
The car looks ok, not a very good colour match but ok
I tried to drive out of the gates, onto the main road and then found i could not select 3rd or 5th gear
could me hitting a cat have caused gearbox problems?
I noticed the car had done a few miles (but i took a pic of the odometer and promptly lost my phone :oops: )

lecurie said:
after my cat killing episode I went to collect my car from Lookers Honda in warrington
The car looks ok, not a very good colour match but ok
I tried to drive out of the gates, onto the main road and then found i could not select 3rd or 5th gear
could me hitting a cat have caused gearbox problems?
I noticed the car had done a few miles (but i took a pic of the odometer and promptly lost my phone :oops: )

I doubt that the cat did it.... was the gear box ok when it went in?

lecurie said:
absolutely fine, serviced about 3000 miles ago, no problems at all

Sound like they did something at lookers then?? I take it its back in??? Maybe they've dropped something into the linkage??

Good look with Jerry the service manager! He's a right cock!

yes its back in there, driving a jazz auto now!
I tried this dealer after i was being ignored by gordons in wigan but they are all the same, dicks in type r jackets

i know exactly who he is, he refused point blank to give me a courtesy car when it happened and i REALLY needed one as iwork in manchester and ive got a 9 month old baby to lug around
Why cant people try to be nice to you?
In this dealers is a load of framed letters of thanks, i felt like asking were all the complaints framed on the walls of the $hithouse

Captain Redbeard said:
Neily03 said:
Good look with Jerry the service manager! He's a right cock!
:lol: Go on Neil - make him feel better.

:lol: :lol: I've has a fair few run ins with Jerry, like the time he tried to rest a single piece of paper on my front wing to write on! :shock: :evil: :evil: He just doesn't give a fook and tries to fob you off!
Mines in there for its last service with me in 2 weeks! :lol: :lol:

Lookers wont be around in 12 months time ;) they are in a bidding war for vardey group against pendragon... so either:
They pay over the odds for vardey and go broke and pendragon buy lookers and vardey or pendragon buy vardey and lookers is too small to compete and gets taken over. :lol: either way they are fooked.

they phoned me today (and woke me up) at 8.30 this morning saying it was ready
picked it up and thought it sounded a bit loud, accelerated roune a left hander and saw the intake from my mugen airbox rolling around on the passenger footwell
got home, phoned 'my mate' jerry and he said the air intake was causing the airbox to foul the gear linkages so they left it off!

If it wasn't for bad luck i'd have no luck at all

paid TDi north a visit today and, thanks to Mark I now have a pathological hatred of lookers honda warrington
A few of the bolts holding the airbox lid on were missing, the long securing bolt was wedged underneath, the rocker cover breather was minus one clip, and my new grill is scratched to fook
roll on Monday afternoon when i can get a grip of Jerry, the service manager from hell.
p.s. thanks for the springs CTRPaul

Back