• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ARC

Good work on the guide to induction. I can't seem to find an ARC to fit an ep3 or is there even 1 available, does the same kit for a dc5 fit an ep3? I anyone has one what do they think?

I have no idea if the same kit fits but I'm between this and the Gruppe M for my DC5. Just not sure what the ARC sounds like. I will have to see if i can find any clips on YouTube.

They fit both I think.

Someone has one on his EP3 so either they are both the same or you can get an EP3 specific one.

The arc will fit on both as it bolts onto the inlet mani and just needs the space where the old airbox was.

The Gruppe M is different for EP3 and DC5 because the Scutle panels are different and engine by is shallower (length wise) than the DC5, meaning the EP3 variant is stubby in comparison.

Mine.

y6xctk.jpg

It fits. :D Works bloody well too. Sounds amazing.

Found the press release from ARC international Japan

The ARC Super Induction Box was firstly designed to improve an engine response at low, middle, and high RPM.
The second advantage is the efficiency of funnel. It prevents the negative pressure which occurs in between the air cleaner and intake manifold at the time of On and Off of acceleration, and enhances response by rectifying intake air flow. intake manifold at the time of On and Off of acceleration, and enhances response by rectifying intake air flow.

Structure of Box Structure of Box

The structure of box provides big space to hold large amount of air. The distance for intake of air is shortened and provides intake air with enough room.

02.jpg

Curled Funnel

The large amount of air stored in the box is efficiently and smoothly sent into the engine. It brings better response of acceleration in all RPM.

03.jpg

Air Filter Air Filter

Double layer sponge filters. The resistance of air flow is minimized by adopting flame lamination (heat welding) and no adhesive is used for a part of joint.

04.jpg

It functions as well if not better than it looks. It seems largely unaffected by any form heatsoak. When accelerating, and then changing gear you can hear the induction pressure build up and then make a subtle, erm almost dump valve kind of noise (only no where as loud of course).

All I know is the car is a lot quicker than when I had the aem on. Of course how much of that is due to the exhaust I changed at the same time, I guess I'll never know. Forgetting the dyno figure improvements, the car just feels a lot quicker, with better throttle response and much freer revving at the top end.

I will not be changing anytime soon. You cab keep your GruppM's, they are so last week :D

I think around £400 for the box and £150 for the intake pipe.

I'm impressed with the ARC i inherited on my car, it made good power, more than usual for a jrsc car so either it was the airbox or exhaust or a combination of both?

Hmm, 400 quid :-k

Every other decent system has a weakness, all IMO of course. Gruppe = noise, Maxogen = intake pipe looks gash and gets damaged, AEM CAI = hydrolock, J's Racing = price.

This could be ideal, need to look into this.

So how much are these bad boys? A genuine contender the Gruppe by the sounds of it.

I don't think it is tbh, I can't see how it can be.

It would be selling like hot cakes if it were. Simple fact is this Gruppe M is the proven best kit for the K20.

Back