• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Arch lining / car lowering question

Hi All,

Ive just fitted coilovers to my Anniversary EP3 (03) and the front currently is not that much lower than standard but it is definitely catching on either the arches or the arch lining. Ideally I want to go a little lower on the front to make the car sit how I want it to sit.

What I am thinking is removing the front arch lining to see if this resolves the issue. Are there any negatives or disadvantages to doing this?

Cheers

Hi All,

Ive just fitted coilovers to my Anniversary EP3 (03) and the front currently is not that much lower than standard but it is definitely catching on either the arches or the arch lining. Ideally I want to go a little lower on the front to make the car sit how I want it to sit.

What I am thinking is removing the front arch lining to see if this resolves the issue. Are there any negatives or disadvantages to doing this?

Cheers

What wheels do you have on it?

I had the same trouble when I was lowered on Evo 9 alloys.

I've seen people cut sections out of the arches to prevent rubbing, but I'd be concerned about more **** getting in there and causing it to rust.

I have 8J Rota Torques on the car at the moment, the car at the front isn't that low as it is rubbing at the moment but I want to go lower. I don't think im going to do it, unless I can get a body shop to solve the issue for me. Thanks

Hi there

You can get away with arch rolling,we are running on EP3 225/40 ZR18 without the issue,car is lowered on KW V2

Second I would recommend add bit more camber at front and at rear,we are running -1.4 at front and at rear -1.4,tyre wear will be OK,tyre wear can be issue if you will be running more toe and this can kill tyres in no time

Thanks,Jura

Hi there

You can get away with arch rolling,we are running on EP3 225/40 ZR18 without the issue,car is lowered on KW V2

Second I would recommend add bit more camber at front and at rear,we are running -1.4 at front and at rear -1.4,tyre wear will be OK,tyre wear can be issue if you will be running more toe and this can kill tyres in no time

Thanks,Jura

Really depends on the offset of the wheels to be honest.

Really depends on the offset of the wheels to be honest.

Hi there

Off course it depends on the offset,but still if you are running small camber or pretty standard camber -1.0 at front and rear,all wheels will catch/rub,due this best way how to get rid is run higher negative camber above -2.00 and get arches rolled and possibly pulled out and I would for sure rise ride height a bit

My friend running on his US EP3 245/40 R17 with 9JX17" ET25,but he running around -2.00 at front and -2.50 at rear with arches rolled and pulled,ride height is bit higher too

We are running 7.5JX18" ET48 with 225/40 ZR18,camber is -1.4 at front and at rear,ride height is bit higher too at rear

Thanks,Jura

Back