• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Arch rust

Just been out to wash the car and was horrified to find a spot of paint bubbling on the passenger side rear arch.

IMG_20140119_153759_zpst0zunkqq.jpg

I always wash under the arches! Could this be a dodgy repair from before I owned it? The other side is fine. the car is only 10 years old! :confused:

What's the best way yo go about sorting this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldnt worry to much I have a 2005 premier edition 59k on the clock and a bit of paint flaking of the inside arch to , you cant really see it *** unless your looking for it and up close cleaning it

Could have been caused by something as simple as a stone chip. As said the options for repair are limited, sand back and repaint probably.

My concern is that it's rusted from the inside, meaning it's actually a lot worse than it looks.

10 years of road salt and general grime has collected on the lip and possibly rusted through. It's just weird how the drivers side is fine.

If I was you, I would drive to several body shops and just ask them how much to have it put right.
they will respray part of the panel and blend it in - I think your looking about £80 ( mostly labour)
so it will be worth it.
It just depends on how much it bothers you :)

Back