• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Arctic Blue DC5 Long overdue update

ah! i did want to come to the meet but was at work! boo hoo! any of you guys get pictures?

cosmic ep3, 210bhp is a good figure considering your mods

as i said above i didnt know what to expect ans seeing as its not mapped and needs a service i dont think thats to bad,tbh im prob loosing power with the rbc and it not being mapped and its running abit rich aswell

there was another dc5 there and that made 202 with just a kakimoto exhaust.ive heard that eurospec's dyno reads under buy a few bhp is that true??

as i said above i didnt know what to expect ans seeing as its not mapped and needs a service i dont think thats to bad,tbh im prob loosing power with the rbc and it not being mapped and its running abit rich aswell

Getting it mapped will certainly sort it out.

Had you run it at the recent TDI dyno day, you might have had a higher figure as there were standard EP3's getting 220bhp. Just goes to show how pointless dyno's are unless you're mapping a car for before and after results.

Dyno days are purely for willy waving. Saying that, I fully plan to get to one for shíts and giggles to see how big my JDM Johnson is.

when are they getting it sorted then? :eek:

Who's to say these figures are incorrect. We just don't know. Dynodynamics are known for reading under the manufacturers stats.

Dyno's are a tuning tool, for seeing differences in power with different parts. As Tone said, it's pretty pointless doing a single run just to try and see how much you're running. Good for banter though.

My 203bhp figure was a before and when the DC mani, RBC and K100 were fitted and mapped on the same day, did i get my 238bhp figure

It's only a number.

Main thing is, you have a baseline to compare against, for when it's mapped. So you can see the actual gain.

Don't get too hung up on the final number.

yep, all done at eurospec by romain.

I agree with you james, but it can be dis-hartening to see a bad number, having seen how much money you have spent on your car and knowing on paper, it should be roughly how many bhp more.

Attachments

• IMG_0003..jpg
    IMG_0003..jpg
    646.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
Disheartening if you spend big money to see a 2 bhp difference for example.

For example, just because yours is running "240bhp" when it should be running "245bhp" because daves down the pub runs this 'wiv les m0dz', from a different dyno, means nothing.

Don't worry about final number! Just look at the gain compared from last time!

If you're chasing numbers, you're always going to be disappointed when tuning a N/A engine like an K20a.

If you want big figures for your money, boost is your answer.

Cleaned and clayed the teg today so time for a update new rims and dc sports mani :O
021copy.jpg

017copy.jpg

015copy.jpg

048copy.jpg

061copy.jpg

056copy.jpg

063copy.jpg

Will be another update soon once my brakes etc have been sent from touge distribution :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back