• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

are ep3"s quicker than fn2"s

ep3 handles alot better and its alot faster. ep3 independant rear suspension good fn2 rear torshion beam sorry if its spelt wrong but this is poor for a newer model just to save money

ep3 handles alot better and its alot faster. ep3 independant rear suspension good fn2 rear torshion beam sorry if its spelt wrong but this is poor for a newer model just to save money

There are lots of plenty fast cars out there that run torsion beams. The Megane R26 does IIRC and that's a fast, planted car!

Why has nobody mentioned the Top Gear episode with the FN2 and EP3 comparison. Clarskson definitely prefered the EP3. In fact the race around the track proved it all.
He'd already made his mind up before he drove it and now people take his word as gospel.... :roll:

If you look at the Top Gear power board the FN2 gets 1:33.5 (I've checked its this way round Series 10 Episode 6) the EP3 gets 1:36.5, which invalidates Clarkson's arguement and renders his opinion null and void IMO.

[video=youtube;l8i01CSrFSM]old link autoupdated[/video]
Time is at 10:35.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml

Arguement over!

Forget all of the bollox, the reviews, the comparisons etc.

It is a matter of personal choice and when an individual buyer choses a car he or she does so because they like/enjoy/appreciate the car they are testing/buying.

Clio Sport have a torsion beam and they handle awesome!

There are lots of plenty fast cars out there that run torsion beams. The Megane R26 does IIRC and that's a fast, planted car!

If you look at the Top Gear power board the FN2 gets 1:33.5 (I've checked its this way round Series 10 Episode 6) the EP3 gets 1:36.5, which invalidates Clarkson's arguement and renders his opinion null and void IMO.

[video=youtube;l8i01CSrFSM]old link autoupdated[/video]
Time is at 10:35.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml

Arguement over!

I also remember the 205 GTi being one of Clarkson's favourite handling fwd hatchs - torsion beam.

Well not quite, the time of 1.36.5 was done in the wet, when the facelift EP3 went round in the dry it did a 1:32.8... ;)

I never thought of that! :getcoat:

Did they publish the dry time on the show then? It's still 1:36.5 on the webby.

Neily is thinking this.

rollbarf.gif

Just out of interest, have you driven both?

I never thought of that! :getcoat:

Did they publish the dry time on the show then? It's still 1:36.5 on the webby.
It was when they launched the new Golf GTI, they compared it to several other hot hatches, the CTR came on top iirc. They never put it on the board as the article was about the GTI...

i was compairing the words of 5th gear just between the civics they said and showed the fn2 had alot more understeer.
The r26 has a LSD as well and the coversation was between the civic.
Anyway its what everyone says its what you like:D

yes but not hard in the fn2 as it was my friends but he drove it hard was still excellent but not as quick as the ep3 but lovely inside which makes up :)

When I was originally looking to get another car I was thinking about waiting for the FN2 or just getting another EP3.

when I sat in all of the new shape civics I just couldn't get past the rear spoiler and the layout being a bit OTT and plasticky.

Also I gotta say that I love the gears being that little bit higher up on the dash.

If I wanted to go for a gear knob in the same place as every other car and a start button I would have thought about the DC5 straight away.

Clio Sport have a torsion beam and they handle awesome!

as does the car all the jouno"s are calling a "mini" GT3RS,the R26.R.....

seems to handle the rear beam setup well on track,and they weigh a shed load less than independent struts/dampers.

:twisted:

I think seat/interior wise yes more comfort but the ride is very hard in the fn2. Had mine for about 5 months and every bump in the road felt like I'd been hit with a bat!

I agree i dont have a type r i have the 1.4 fk4 si and the ride is really harsh on the back

Back