• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

are these continental tyres good for my EP3?

i have aquired some brand new continental sport contact 3 tyres x4 (helps when your brother is in the tyre fitting industry):lol:

i just want to know if these are a good tyre to fit to my ep3,

i know they are expensive and look good but just want to make sure they are a quality tyre??

can anyone please help? :confused:

They aren't the usual choice, mainly due to price, but I think they will be fine. If they're free just get them fitted and let us know what you think.

yeah they are free apart from a crate of beers for the hassle to my brother :lol:

i was just curious to know if they had been used on a type r before? ill hopefully have them fitted in a few weeks and ill let everyone know :)

im not going to throw away the chance for 4 new tyres at £130 a pop :lol:

They're premium german tyres, they're not going to be crap, put it that way.

thats reassuring to know! im not going to turn them down but hopefully they will be good up north where i am with all this snow!!!! looking forward to trying them out!

I need two new front tyres and may get them as they have been good. Might not last as well on the front.

They don't wear quickly, and imo are the best road tyre available for the ep3 at the moment, they are fantastic in the wet or dry and hold up really well on track also. They are the choice of some pretty well respected performance car manufacturers, and with good reason. You will not be disappointed...

ok thats really good to hear, just a few reviews have said that they could wear! :(

im looking forward to getting them fitted and tested, hopefully with a big smile on my face :)

Mine lasted a good while, and thats with a few handling mods, coilovers and negative camber. Longer than the potz used to anyway, not quite as long as pe2's but nothing lasts as long as those. I switched to hankook rs2's as wanted to go back to a more aggressive dry tyre, but I will certainly go back to conti 3's when these are done as they break traction slower and are easier to regain imo...a very very good tyre imo. Not used anything that matches them in an all-round stylee and I've tried most in the last 4 1/2 years.

A friend of mine has these on his Focus ST. quite good from what i've heard. :)

I'm about to fit 225 Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres to mine, which are a similarly priced premium tyre to the Conti's. :D

Back