• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 ARGHHH!!!

Get into the car this morning and start to drive to work. Car was feeling abit strange with regards to handling. I assumed it was down to the icy roads. Got to some roads which werent icey and pulled over and went around checking my tyres out for obvious signs of deflation. Get to the rear and saw 1 of my tyres looking quite flat. So i drive 5mins down the road to the petrol station and fill it with air ... the initial psi of the tyre read ... 0, started inflating with air and could hear it wooshing out quicker then it was going in!! Found a smallish gash near the sidewall!!! :mad:

Had to crawl back home and stick my spare on (didnt have a jack in car, oem honda one died on me a few months back). This will be the 3rd tyre ive had to replace in as many months, not down to wear and tear but down to punctures and crap!!

1st tyre, developed a massive bulge on the inner sidewall causing crazy vibration. Tyre place was unsure what had caused it.

2nd tyre, puncture again in the sidewall.

3rd tyre, sidewall puncture.

Now 215/35/18 Yokohama Parada Spec rubber aint cheap and im seriously thinking of selling my 18" Rota Torques and sticking standard 17" rims back on. Its costing me a fortune!!

Merry ******* christmas

PS My car has also developed hesitation now in VTEC as if its struggling and almost kangarooing. Im hoping this is down to the £30 of 95 RON i had to put into it the other day whilst in the middle of nowhere.

:(

PPS To rub salt into the wounds i recieved a voice message on my answer phone from Lookers Honda Customer Service the other day reminding me my car was due a service and they would be happy to service it for me... ill be on the phone to them tomorrow to give them a piece of my mind!! To cut a long story short, last decemeber car went in for service, asked them to look at AC, it had stopped working. They said there was no fault and it only needed regassing, they charged me approx £65 to regas. A month later AC had died again and id only used it once in the 4 weeks previous, took it back and they told me they had found a leaky pipe causing the problem. Quoted me £265 to replace the pipe and as a gesture of goodwill i wouldnt have to pay for the regas when the pipe was replaced. I decided to sleep on it and I found out the pipe costs £60 from the dealer so i fired off an email to the dealer asking how they could justify wanting to charge me £200 labour to fit a pipe i had fitted in less then 10mins .... i recieved no reply and put it down to experience and decided id abvoid Lookers from then on. 2 weeks ago i recieved a letter from them reminding me about my service and in this letter was an email address of one of the "managers" at Lookers so i fired off quite a detailed email to him explaining why my car wouldnt be going to Lookers for any more services. In the email i told him to remove my details from there records. Then 2 days ago they're leavning me voicemail reminding me about my service!!!! Admittedly in the voicemail it does mention if you no longer own the car phone us up anyway so we can change the records. So i might vent on whoever answers the phone ... might also mention i was thinking of upgrading to new Civic TypeR in the near future but any of my future business probably wont be going to Lookers .... and see what they offer me in terms of a reduction (if any) in my service cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's bad dude. I was going to ask what make tyres you were using as I would have put it down to cheap tyres, but the Yoko's should be good. I suppose you could try a different brand?

Back