• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Arrgghh! Damn Kids!!!! :smt013

Yesterday I had some kids knock on my door. When I answered they pointed out another kid and told me that he had thrown a stone and dented my car!!!! I ran out in my bare feet to have a look, and sure enough on the rear quarter panel on the driver's side theres a dent and some chips!! :smt013

I went to the kid (who was aged between 10 -12 I guess) who did it and gave him a bollocking. He said he was sorry and that it was an accident (I believed him) but I explained that that wasn't going to make things better!
I asked him for his name and address and his parents names, and also asked for his number as well, but he said his parents didnt have a house phone, only a mobile which he didnt know the number of! :?
I wrote down my details on a piece of paper and told him to give it to his parents.

Nobody has got back to me yet, so today I'm gonna go to the address he gave me (if it is his real address!).
Does anyone have any ideas where I'll stand with this one...? I mean I've got no witnesses except a bunch of little kids!
:x

Heres some pics:

:shock: :x

Gutted for ya mate.

You'll either get greeted by apologetic parents & they'll fit the bill or told to fook off. :(

Hope you do get a result...good luck

Sorry to hear that fella.

Unfortunately, out of the two options that Lee presented above, I'd be more tempted to say you'll get the later one :x

Welsh-Rich said:
Sorry to hear that fella.

Unfortunately, out of the two options that Lee presented above, I'd be more tempted to say you'll get the later one :x

Ditto.... :x

Its the problem with the summer holidays, they have too much time to be trouble for everyone :smt070 :smt071 :smt068 :smt067

sorry to hear about this :(

firstly, its unusal for kids these days to admit doing them so credit to the lad for that.

however, not too sure whether you'll be able to get his parents to pay for it, but you never know.

good luck for you mate

Yeah, I'm tending to think they'll tell me to fook off as well. :(
But, it's worth a shot. I'm gonna pop over there later and see what they have to say (if it is indeed their address).

The damage isn't massive, but thats beside's the point. I want my car to be perfect like. :x

Does anyone have any idea what kind of rough cost I'd be looking at to get the chips/dents repaired? Its 4 pin size dents and 4 chips.
:?

GaryMan said:

firstly, its unusal for kids these days to admit doing them so credit to the lad for that.

however, not too sure whether you'll be able to get his parents to pay for it, but you never know.

good luck for you mate

I agree, for him to have admitted it is a good thing. On this basis I reckon the address is probably genuine.

Good luck!

Captain Redbeard said:
Jap Tart said:
GaryMan said:

good luck for you mate

I agree, for him to have admitted it is a good thing. On this basis I reckon the address is probably genuine.

Good luck!
I don't think the kid who did it admitted anything did he? Wasn't he grassed up by some other kids? :smt017

OllieMorr said:
Yesterday I had some kids knock on my door. When I answered they pointed out another kid and told me that he had thrown a stone and dented my car!!!!

Well, he was kinda grassed up by his mates. But in the time it all happened he could've have done a runner I suppose.....

Right. Just went to the address he gave me....
Surprise surprise, the house number he gave me doesnt exist!! :x
I asked an old lady in the street, and she said that particular house number was knocked down a few years ago!!! :x I gave her the surnmae of the family as well and she hasn't heard of them! Doh!

All I can say is that kid better watch out if I see him again. He is likely to be in the area again because theres a kids park behind my house!
:smt068 :smt075

Find the little tw*t and drag him home by his nose!!! :twisted:

If his Dad drives a Porker - launch a brick at the rear quater panel. :wink:

i know how you feel mate gutting isn't it.I had a little kid throw a snow ball at mine last winter and left a dent about 10mm across. still havn't had it removed.

VtecRob said:
i know how you feel mate gutting isn't it.I had a little kid throw a snow ball at mine last winter and left a dent about 10mm across. still havn't had it removed.

I'm also pi$$ed off because I was gonna go out for a blast in the car just before it happened, but I got distracted by something on the telly. If I'd gone out it wouldn't have happened! Doh!

I can't see me forking out to get it done in the near future to be honest. I've just had to fork out for 4 tyres for my car and 4 for the missus' mini. Plus, my front brake pads are on their way out as well! Oh yeah, and I've got to renew my insurance at the end of this month as well! :x Nightmare month, lol.

I have recently had quite a deep car park ding removed for £32 by a company called Dentmaster (I think they are a franchise type operation like Chips Away). It was £32 per panel,no matter how long it takes or how many 'dings'.

You seriously cant see where it was - BUT the paint cannot be broken, in order for them to remove the dings.

Gunn79 said:
I have recently had quite a deep car park ding removed for £32 by a company called Dentmaster (I think they are a franchise type operation like Chips Away). It was £32 per panel,no matter how long it takes or how many 'dings'.

You seriously cant see where it was - BUT the paint cannot be broken, in order for them to remove the dings.

Nice one - have you got the number fella? Any idea where they're based??

monkey boy kev said:
Gunn79 said:

Nice one - have you got the number fella? Any idea where they're based??

The company I used is based in Plymouth, I'm sure they have a Nationwide franchise tho. I dont have the number, as it was arranged through the Ford Dealership my GF works for, BUT the price is still the same £32 if you call them out yourself.

Back