• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ash ep3's Championship White Honda Civic Type R 30th Anni - parts from japan pg7

Hi guys, welcome to my first project thread on type-r-owners!

After my last car (vauxhall corsa sport), I wanted something bigger, quicker and newer... So it was between a few different cars:

- Astra GSi Turbo (love the looks of these, go fairly well and easily tunable)
- Audi S3 (mk1) (looks were ok, bit dated on the inside and costly)
- Civic Type R (looks fairly good, drives well, ticked all the right boxes! )
- Leon Cupra R (not a big fan of the looks, interior quite tacky, like the astra goes well, and easily tunable)

Well after looking through each of the cars I saw a Civic Type R for sale not too far away:

- £7,500
- 2003 (03)
- 30th Anniversary edition
- Milano Red
- FHSH
- Extended Warranty
- VGC
- No Modifications...

After a lot of oh and ahing I finally managed to pop down and see it! Owner took me out for a test drive and let me drive back (very impressed with both the handling and performance!)

Managed to knock him down to £7k and picked it up a couple of weeks later!

Some early snaps...

01082009012.jpg

01082009014.jpg

01082009013.jpg

Well I managed to sell the corsa (and yes I did miss her :(), I spent some of the monies on a Gruppe M intake (they are very pricey new and managed to pick up a 2nd hand one!
06092009039.jpg

The sound brought such a huge smile to my face the first time I hit VTEC with it :)

Apart from a few stickers I just continued to keep her clean and cared for, for the first few months!

Some more snaps:
15082009033.jpg

12092009048.jpg

12092009046.jpg

12092009044.jpg

19092009065.jpg

Unfortunately a couple of months after I had the car I got caught speeding :(
Caught_speeding.jpg

Well recently I got a pay rise and a bonus so thought I'd treat the civic to a few goodies...

- Spoon Catback £450 (this is now fitted)
(Tailpipe)
18030-EP3-011.jpg

B pipe
18220-DC5-001.jpg

- Brembo Discs £65
brembostandardfront1-1.jpg

- Goodridge Brake lines £60
Goodridge_SSBrakeLine_2121461457148658c2bb5a2f.jpg

- Project Mu Pads £120 (including delivery from Japan!)
F336-COU.jpg

All my brake parts are at home ready to be fitted can't wait to get them on!

(I will update further when these are fitted!)

Plans for the future:
- FRSU (fast road setup)
- Powdercoat Alloys (Black)
- RBC Inlet manifold
- DC Sports exhaust manifold (header)
- K100 (ECU)
- Remap

That should see 240-250bhp with a decent handling setup :)

I also recently purchased a carbon fibre bonnet :)

Here's a few recent pics...

07032010009.jpg

07032010010.jpg

02042010344.jpg

02042010345.jpg

Next week I should be getting the car serviced and uprated brakes fitted :)

At the end of the month I'll also be purchasing:
- DC Sports header
- RBC inlet manifold (with karcepts)
- K100 ecu

Will hopefully be getting it mapped in a couple of months (Artech tuning) been told that the rollers are "conservative" so looking for 230-235bhp.

Opinions and comments welcome :smt039

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick update!!!!

Inlet manifold fitted today :lol::lol::lol:

inlet_manifold_fitted.jpg

Definite different vtec noise :) seems to pull a little better mid-range as well which is odd?

Exhaust manifold to be fitted on Friday and booked in @ ARtech next Saturday :)

Looks very nice mate, Milano FTW.

As GRRR said, get that cam cover clean or you could get it painted.

A Milano 30th Anni would be my perfect EP3.
Sounds like a fantastic car & you bagged it @ a great price.

But think that CF bonnet looks very poor.
The rest of the mods get a big thumbs up though ;)

Looking good Ash. Looking forward to going to get this mapped with you !

Lee, whats up with the carbon bonnet? It's my old one - fits perfect and weighs like 3.5kg.

Looking good matey! James said you're getting mapped @ Artech next saturday, if I'm off I'll pop down for the day. I want to get mine undersealed fully so will kill 2 birds with one stone!

Looking good matey! James said you're getting mapped @ Artech next saturday, if I'm off I'll pop down for the day. I want to get mine undersealed fully so will kill 2 birds with one stone!

Good man, see you down there!!!

Indeed James,

After having the header fitted on friday afternoon I had the Civic booked in @ Eurospec on Sat moning @ 10 am :)

Up early on Sat morning and a full tank of Tesco Momentum 99, picked James up on route, and 1 hour 20 mins later we arrived....

The unit was packed full of Jap sports cars and other sporty jap cars which made mine look so mediocre :lol:

Anyways here are the snaps:
IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

Civic_on_the_dyno.jpg

It was a very cold day so James decided to use the last of my heating and gave me the finger when I took a snap the cheeky badger!
Civic_Flywheel_power.jpg

Civic_Wheel_Power.jpg

240.6 bhp at the flywheel and 201.7 bhp at the wheels oh and 172lbs/ft of Torque :lol::D

Romain said a result of 235bhp is very good on these rollers with the mods so 240 is amazing :D

Car pulls so much better now get a nice boost of vtec and torque between 5-6k Even gave a Skyline GTS a shock as he couldn't pass me on the A303 (probably because we were both doing the speed limit :p )

Went through a tank and a half yesterday so better start taking it easy from now on :lol:

Back