• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ash's New tyres

OK Guys what do you think I should go for :?

Pot's Not very good in the wet I hear
toyo's good in the wet but wear quickly
Micheline Eagle Pilots Heard a few good things about these

I am after a tyre whats good in the wet and dry but with the stiff assertive feel like the pot :?

Had Paradas on mine before I changed the wheels, great on the road, sidewall bit softer on the track add a couple of psi and no problems

Pots for me as well. I don't like driving like a lunatic in the wet anyway!

I keep it for the dry, when the Pots are on top form :twisted:

Get some Feds :p

Nahh not really, only joking got them on mine but thats only for a reason that I burn through them very fast, they wont be going on my car again.

I would get Yoko Prada 2 they on special offer at ABP at the moment something like £79.00 Each but you got to buy 2

Other than that would go for Toyo T1-R

Captain Redbeard said:
Had 2 sets of Pots before changing to Toyo T1-Rs about 700 miles ago.

I really rated the Pots but got a bit sick of how easily they'd spin as soon as it rained. It had nothing to do with driving like a loon either - even on very gentle application of the throttle they'd light up. :roll:

No such problems with the Toyos and they seem every bit as capable as the Pots in the dry. 8)
Hmm interesting. What are they like going round bends? Ie sidewall flex.

Captain Redbeard said:
milano_chris said:
Captain Redbeard said:
Had 2 sets of Pots before changing to Toyo T1-Rs about 700 miles ago.

I really rated the Pots but got a bit sick of how easily they'd spin as soon as it rained. It had nothing to do with driving like a loon either - even on very gentle application of the throttle they'd light up. :roll:

No such problems with the Toyos and they seem every bit as capable as the Pots in the dry. 8)
Hmm interesting. What are they like going round bends? Ie sidewall flex.
Slightly more sidewall flex than the Pots (I think the sidewall on the T1-S was quite a bit softer but it's much stiffer on the T1-R) but once you've got used to it you can go round corners every bit as fast as you can with Pots. :D

Cheers for the info mate 8)

Well Ash, have you decided yet?

I was actually unsure re the Toyo's if the better roadholding in the wet made them wear faster in the dry, ie the sort of compound and tread pattern.
Has anyone any ideas on this?

Re Bridgestones, they do seem a good allround tyre (thats not a pun) and my thoughts are that if they are perfectly acceptable to Mr Honda to put on from new then they should be ok later on.

alot better and cheaper available than bridgestones out there :lol: :lol: i would rarther run my mums budget tyres than these :lol: :lol:

Dave S said:
Well Ash, have you decided yet?

I was actually unsure re the Toyo's if the better roadholding in the wet made them wear faster in the dry, ie the sort of compound and tread pattern.
Has anyone any ideas on this?

Re Bridgestones, they do seem a good allround tyre (thats not a pun) and my thoughts are that if they are perfectly acceptable to Mr Honda to put on from new then they should be ok later on.

I am liking the sound of the Toyo T1-R to be honest Dave, you able to fit them mate :?:

Cheers for the advice guys :D

Back