• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Asymmetric's

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics at 85quid a corner...but they are 215/45R17's.

Is this a problem..?..

I don;t care about minimal differences in speedo etc..I care about handling and that is all...

any help, advice, experience appreciated.

Thankyou kindly.:cool:

Well, as I see it the Eagles being 45 have a higher wall and would therefor offer more flex, as opposed to say a 40 wall.

This would not be problem for everyday driving, only for say hardcore track driving where the flex could perhaps be a problem.

So, 40's would be a better choice than 45's, but whether or not it's noticable im not sure mate.

:)

well I am on 45 profile potz 040's at the moment..oem size. They don't do a 215/40 in the asymmetrics so I guess what I am asking for is anyone who uses these tyres to tell me if the extra height of the sidewall in ANY way imitates the lateral grip/flex characteristics of crappy 45 profile tyres such as the T1r's etc..

The only 45 profile tyres I have used that didn't is the vredestein's and the potz....just fancied something different is all.

These are the correct size for the CTR, only wider. This would not affect your Speedo.

Go for it.

This would not affect your Speedo.

Go for it.

My bad, yes it will , but it will not be noticeable in real terms.

<edit> 1.46% difference. So when your speedo is at 70mph, your actual speed will be 71.02mph

My bad, yes it will , but it will not be noticeable in real terms.

aye the speedo will be 1.5% out...so about 1 mph at 60 mph...

the sidewall will be approx 1cm higher..am just wondering if they will flex when giving it teh beanz..:cool:

aye the speedo will be 1.5% out...so about 1 mph at 60 mph...

the sidewall will be approx 1cm higher..am just wondering if they will flex when giving it teh beanz..:cool:

compared to what though? different tyres have sidewalls with different characteristics so even though a 215/45/17 may have a higher sidewall than a 215/40/17 there may be less flex as it has a stiffer sidewall. I can't really answer your question tbh, but I know the Asymmetrics always get very good reviews and offer superb grip, so this would be my main concern.

Potz gave no flex at all but the toyo's were flex city, both oem size. I'm tempted to try a set of the goodyears tbh. Just can't find any ctr related info on them.

Back