• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

Hi. My friend has an 99 ATR and he raced it on a track race day against a 96 civic vti salloon both stock. Guess what the civic kept up with it up untill mid third gear when the accord pulled away :confused: . Is that what supposed to happen??

Also what do you reckon is faster. A ATR or a integra type r DC2?

Agree with TJ it's not a 0-60 car. Drive one and you will find out why their owners love them.

Tosh, there is a magazine review where the ATR is quicker around the track than the DC2 - the drivers were driving Gods Sébastien Loeb and Gilles Panizzi.

Also, comparing modded cars, my 240bhp ATR was quicker than my friends 220bhp DC2.

This is one of the beauties of the ATR, it is over looked and underated but punches well above it's weight in terms of performance. Saying that the ATR is no 1/4 mile beast, times are:

Offical Honda 0-60 6.9 seconds, actual time (as measured officaly by Evo magazine) is 6.1. The 1/4 mile is 14.8.

I had a couple of traffic light wars with a mates dc2 an there not much in it to be fair, all down to the driver as ppl have said ;)

The extra 20 bhp (roughly speaking) that already exist in stock form, don't they? ;)

I believe it is somewhere around there, but LL had another 20bhp on top of that too, but as said his friends dc2 was 220bhp ;)

Its a very close call if you ask me between all the different models they were all designed to offer different people different things.
I bought my ATR as i needed something with 4 doors for the little one, others buy te DC2/DC5 as they want something a little more raw an racy, the civic is a bit of a inbetween if you ask me, still comfy but not as raw :D

The dc2 does feel faster behind the wheel than the atr, but race two together there's nothing in it. The vti is no slouch either.

The dc2 does feel faster behind the wheel than the atr, but race two together there's nothing in it. The vti is no slouch either.

I've had two VTI 4 door salloons one on a j plate and the other on a k. Both were very fast but i didn't get the chance to compare with a type r. I still would expect the ATR to do it at bottom end by a few cars but kill it at top end. Ive got an ATR but having a few issues with fuel/exhaust system as malfunction lamp keeps coming on. Hopefully gonna sort it out soon.:D

If u need any help or parts buddy just drop me a line, whats happenin with it cos from that quick description it sounds like lambda sensor or somethin playin up possibly?

Tosh, there is a magazine review where the ATR is quicker around the track than the DC2 - the drivers were driving Gods Sébastien Loeb and Gilles Panizzi.

Also, comparing modded cars, my 240bhp ATR was quicker than my friends 220bhp DC2.

This is one of the beauties of the ATR, it is over looked and underated but punches well above it's weight in terms of performance. Saying that the ATR is no 1/4 mile beast, times are:

Offical Honda 0-60 6.9 seconds, actual time (as measured officaly by Evo magazine) is 6.1. The 1/4 mile is 14.8.

ATR = 14.27 sec qtr mile with bolt ons and hondata and full interior:cool: Thats quick enough in a straight line for a family saloon with a 2.2 n/a engine. AT THE POD

Last edited by a moderator:
go to youtube theres a clip of ed getting the atr to 60 in less than 6 seconds a normal person with no fast driving experiance could not do that. like people say its down to the driver, tyres, cars conditon, lots of things.

cars that are as close as all the type r cars will be down to whos behind the wheel a half second mistake will cost u a drag race or a lap against another

It all comes down to the driver imo. Having owned a couple of vti's i can safely say that any Type-R is considerably quicker in every way. :D

The thing with the ATR is that it requires a bit more precision whilst shifting gear otherwise you will drop out of vtec. Shifting a couple of hundred rpm early can slow you right down ;)

Back