• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Attempted break in through windscreen

I think I had an attempted break in last night through the windscreen. I reported it to the police and got my insurance company to sort it out for my ep3. I think they tried to use glass cutters. My question is this. My insurance company use a company called autowshield. Will the replacement screen have the riveting and the alarm sensors on it like my oem windscreen?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

The preface before 2003 came with h&p alarms like the ones on Porsche and aston martins. The windscreen has a pressure sensor that sounds the alarm when cracked. There is perforated riveting along the edge of the windscreen and a big one covering one of the sensors just behind the rear view.

The preface before 2003 came with h&p alarms like the ones on Porsche and aston martins. The windscreen has a pressure sensor that sounds the alarm when cracked. There is perforated riveting along the edge of the windscreen and a big one covering one of the sensors just behind the rear view.

Everyday is a school day if that is true.

Like Chris has said, insurance replacements should be like for like, if not you refuse the repair/replacement. If they know the reg of your vehicle it will come up with a spec of screen they need to install.

It sounds like you just asked this question when you already knew 99% of the answer, well unless you hoped to find someone who works for autowshield at least, then you would get the answer to your query. :smt017

Just a quick one. Why did this then get dropped for the facelift? Interior sensors deemed good enough?

Last edited by a moderator:
The windscreen has a pressure sensor that sounds the alarm when cracked. There is perforated riveting along the edge of the windscreen and a big one covering one of the sensors just behind the rear view.

I've never ever heard of this.... :?

Honda started using their own alarms after 2003 instead of the cat1 t2 by Hamilton and palmer. Unless my alarm was aftermarket which I don't believe it is.

Honda started using their own alarms after 2003 instead of the cat1 t2 by Hamilton and palmer. Unless my alarm was aftermarket which I don't believe it is.

I know this, I had a MY03 EP3 that came with the newer Honda alarm, before that the H&P alarm were fitted by the dealers at PDI.

I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with windscreen replacement because I haven't. I just wanted to know if these companies use their own glass or oem Honda ones.

Back