• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Auto lights - slight irritation

Now I love the auto lights. very convenient.

What I'm not such a fan of is the auto high beam.

It's largely completely unnecessary and making me feel bad as it never goes off when I think it should but seems to wait until the oncoming car is in full view. Personally if I have my full beams on and I see lights of a car ahead round a corner I turn them off immediately.

I've had moments where I'm on a slight hill and it hasn't turned off with a car coming in full view meaning I have to turn it off manually.

I'd love to be able to turn off the high beam part and leave the auto lights but I don't think that's an option.

It's not the end of the world but is a slight annoyance to me.

Anyone else noticed similar now it's dark so early?

I was concerned that it would auto turn off the high beam. Had a car facing me last nigHt and was following another vehicle...it took a while before autoturning off.

I'd love to be able to turn off the high beam part and leave the auto lights but I don't think that's an option.

Haven’t tried it but instructions in handbook (P231)

Ignition in ON position and light switch in AUTO position
Pull light switch lever towards you and hold it for 40 seconds
The auto high-beam indicator in the meter will blink twice.

Thanks Flaky for finding it, been meaning to find it for ages. At first I had no idea it was a feature so was convinced I had hit it accidentally and was trying to turn it off. I have since found it hit and miss with it staying on too long, or not at all so rather turn it off.

Can you turn the beeps on the parking sensors up anyone know? Can't hear over music so need to turn it down which is a faff if already turned the steeering wheel as don't get on with the touch one on the screen

Thanks for the info on how to turn auto high beam off. I have been meaning to look it up for a while. I too have found it too slow to go to dip beam and have been flashed a few times by other drivers.

Funnily enough I had found that online but it was for a 2016 accord so wasn't sure if it applied to the civic too.

Will give it a go.

Cheers :)

Thanks for this very useful! And saves me wading through the insane manual

The auto stop start seems weird that it won't work if you have ventilation on! Never had that in a car before

...The auto stop start seems weird that it won't work if you have ventilation on! Never had that in a car before

Auto Idle Stop does not activate when:

• The climate control system is in use, and the outside temperature is below −20°C or over 40°C.
The climate control system is in use, and the temperature is set to Hi or Lo.
• The front defrost button is on.

Back