• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Automek ( scotland ) Amazing

Wanted to share my experience over the last week with these guys

So I bought my ep3 last month ( no history ) but in over all good shape .. After a few days It throws a engine management light :(

I had already booked the car in with Automek to do a Fast road alignment .. But due to the EML I panic call honda and they try shaft me £100 to scan the fault !

Decided to call automek to give the info on the symptoms, guy couldn't be more helpful put my mind at ease advised me to check the oil/coolant levels and pop in so they can scan it ... No charge :) ...

Today they had my car for an over all Heath check ... Turns out the issue was a throttle position thing . But they also noticed that one of the engine mounts had been put in the wrong way round this was causing the engine to be moving all over the place and sitting lower than it should .. Due to this he said he wasn't happy to leave it so he took one off his own project Ep3 !

Over all I'm over the moon with how the car is running .. It's super smooth and due to the new mount its pulling better now !

The service these guys provide is amazing and I look forward to the car going in on the 15th to get the fast road set up ... New exhaust from C&c next week too

Sorry about the rant :)
a9d29f221f9d4b74e7a48bdffc4de664.jpg

I agree absolutely. Best garage I have ever been to.

I've had my EP in several times and I have been impressed with their attention to detail, workmanship and honesty. I'm taking my recently purchased '85 civic to them soon, plans will be made. I can't wait to see what these guys can do on a proper build.

I would always use andy and the lads at automek when I had my ep3. never had a problem with his work it was 100percent everytime and the prices were good aswell. miss going up there seeing them do their stuff loved snooping about the lotus. never got to see it fully finished yet.

He helped me out one night with a vtec solenoid from one of his cars aswell. really hard to find a garage like that nowadays that go that extra mile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to have found these guys and seems they pride themselves on the service they provide ... It's got me thinking of other things I want them to do to the car now

Really looking forward to getting the fast road set up done after they gave the cars coilovers a clean bill of health

Back