• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Aux belt fitment

Ive managed to get the aux belt off but just cant seem to stretch it enough to get back on the final pulley. Anyone any tips or know how to do please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

best way is to get good leverage on the auto tensioner roller obviously pulling towards you, once it has released tension put the belt in place (still holding the tension off) then slowly release the leverage off the tensioner making sure it is still aligned

I tried this but the new belt has no stretch, i'm nearly there but i need the belt to stretch another couple of mil and I'll be on

you got the right belt im guessing? witht he tensioner retracted it should go on without even being a squeeze

I measured it up against the old one and it measured up, there were no huge differences. It was for a non aircon belt which mine is.

Yeah ive put the old belt back on for now. I'm going to try and soak it in hot water for a while before see if that lets it stretch those couple of mil i need

it really shouldn't be that much of a squeeze to get it on, I got mine on with a tonne of slack

Hmm to be honest I didn't have very much slack on the old one only just got that back on even with the tensioner off

how far are you able to pull the tensioner back? and how much leverage are you using on it?

Mine was quite a stretch to get on but got there with a bit more leverage on the tensioner.

Where did you lot buy the aux belt from?
Original honda: £50

or online OEM quality for £20.

Or is the cheaper version a big nono?

I paid I think £28 for a gates one, seems good quality and had no issues with mine so far

Back