• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Aux belt how to?

Hi everyone new to the forum. Just purchased an fn2 and would like to change the aux belt. Is their a how to guide or is it pretty straight forward? Is their anything that is best changed when replacing the aux belt? Thanks for any help provided.

The only advice would be to take the drivers side front wheel off and un-clip the arch liner. Pretty straight forward apart from that.

Nothing really worth replacing unless any of your pulleys have noisy bearings, in which case, now would be the time to do it.

Top pulley ( one closest to you ) are known for being noisey.
Make sure you have a diagram of the route of the belt before you take it off.
As loxy said, remove wheel and liner, makes it a lot easier.

As Loxy said take off the wheel and inner arch liner.

I expect the FN2 will be the same as the EP3 like i have. All i did was put a 14mm ring spanner on the bolt of the pulley attached to the tensioner and another ring spanner on the end of the one fitted to the pulley for leverage. Pull the spanners down towards you and the pulley will move on the tensioner to get enough slack to remove the belt.

Back