• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Average running costs of a DC5

CJN

Can anyone give me a rough idea?

I only drive to work and back which is about 14 mile round trip. And maybe a few leisure trips.

I average about 8-10k miles per year as I live right near my town centre so walk a lot.

Really want a 'Teg in the new year so trying to compile a list of costs.

I did search but iPhone didn't find much.

Thanks.

Fuel wise, I filled mine up at the beginning of the month, I have done 201 miles since then and it is sat at the halfway point on the gauge, servicing wise, it is exactly the same as an EP3, consumables are very cheap, in fact the for what you get as a package it is very cheap motoring.

BTW, hope it is a PFL one.

Thanks. What about costs over the year? Servicing, parts etc.

£200 - £400 a year on servicing, add brakes (less than £200 all round for discs and pads iirc) and tyres, both usage and mileage dependant.

Had an insurance quote yet?

Very low for such a high performance car tbf... I do about the same miles and it cost me FA in fuel, that little I haven't bothered working it out.

Spanner monkey you have your geotag setting on if you are not aware, each time you posts, it posts your location in a signature, it can be adjusted in tappatalk.

CJ, I had my major service done by a none franchise Ford garage with the valves checked for £157. If you know a good but fair garage you can get work done quite cheap.
Ive just had a Lambda sensor done and that was £90 from America with 30 mins labour. I average 29 mpg on fuel so its a cheap car run but the only thing i can see you having a problem with is insurance.

Fuel wise, I filled mine up at the beginning of the month, I have done 201 miles since then and it is sat at the halfway point on the gauge, servicing wise, it is exactly the same as an EP3, consumables are very cheap, in fact the for what you get as a package it is very cheap motoring.

BTW, hope it is a PFL one.

PFL. :)

Wow, man, that's good on fuel.

£200 - £400 a year on servicing, add brakes (less than £200 all round for discs and pads iirc) and tyres, both usage and mileage dependant.

Had an insurance quote yet?

Cool. I will have a seperate account for servicing anyway. Sounds reasonable.

Admiral were about £700 fully comp. But I haven't shopped around properly yet. I'll pay that in full anyway.

Very low for such a high performance car tbf... I do about the same miles and it cost me FA in fuel, that little I haven't bothered working it out.

Great. 8)

I service mine myself, being a mechanic and all.

Tax is £260 per year for my 51' plate

OK, thanks.

CJ, I had my major service done by a none franchise Ford garage with the valves checked for £157. If you know a good but fair garage you can get work done quite cheap.
Ive just had a Lambda sensor done and that was £90 from America with 30 mins labour. I average 29 mpg on fuel so its a cheap car run but the only thing i can see you having a problem with is insurance.

I know a guy. :)

Insurance looks good to me. Was expecting it to be higher.

Forgot to add, my MPG is very good now, due to it being mapped, before I was seeing 280-320 on a tank.

Back