• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

B pipe and back box change

Hi
I don’t like the set up on the car that I just purchased and wanted advice on what route to take. Currently car is fitted with japspeed mani, decat and piper cat back. Drove it back home and it was too loud. I also don’t like the look of the oval exhaust.

The b pipe is silenced so I could just get a back box. Would love a mugen or a toda but That’s just wishful thinking.

Any recommendations would be great.

Torque GT sell them, and there's a rep who'll likely pop up now that I've mentioned their name :D I should be getting kickbacks from this.

Twin exit, JASMA certified so nice and quiet, good note on VTEC engagement, beautiful build quality (but you know this since you have an RM01A already...)

RM01A.

I took mike's advice on looking up Fujitsubo and after fitting mine I couldn't be happier.

Legalis R or RM01A will both do you nicely, unless you have the cash and fancy the look for TODA :)

I can’t fault the RM01A. It’s not too loud but sounds the nuts on vtec.

Just thought there might be something cheap and cheeful which isn’t busting a hold in your ear drums.

I can’t fault the RM01A. It’s not too loud but sounds the nuts on vtec.

Just thought there might be something cheap and cheeful which isn’t busting a hold in your ear drums.

I can't even hear mine over the sound of the Tegiwa M carbon intake tbh, I might mount a go pro on the back to see what it actually sounds like from the outside.

You could try the Tegiwa catback that a few members on here are using, however it will probably be too loud for you since you already have a decat and that box is a bit on the louder side. By all means it's no Spoon N1 but still.

What is your budget?

I can't even hear mine over the sound of the Tegiwa M carbon intake tbh, I might mount a go pro on the back to see what it actually sounds like from the outside.

You could try the Tegiwa catback that a few members on here are using, however it will probably be too loud for you since you already have a decat and that box is a bit on the louder side. By all means it's no Spoon N1 but still.

What is your budget?

Budget wise I am a bit tight. Just order PBS brakes back and front, RPB discs all round. Braided hoses, front and back drop links, RBF600 brake fluid, camber bolts, rear camber arms, polybushes for front and back ARBs. Need some coilovers and to get it in for a map. Last owner fitted mani after a map and EML on. Don't want to be driving it until then.

When I brought my DC5 the lad fitted a Japspeed Mani mated to the RM01A and did't have it mapped and took out the bloody bulb for the EML. Never knew and had endless problems which disappeared when it was mapped by TDI.

Tbh mine is simiar in sound. I can hear more Tegiwa intake sound then exhaust which is what I am looking for on the EP3.

I heard the Tegiwa is a copy of the RM01A. might see if i can find some vids on youtube

This might help: http://www.hondas-on-track.com/forums/index.php?topic=4632.0

Btw how loud was your DC5 with a japspeed decat mani and RM01A ? I am tempted to get a DC Sports/Tegiwa mani for my car next but a bit worried about removing the cat as I like the noise levels as they are now, however mapping it now would be pointless as far as gains are concerned...

This might help: http://www.hondas-on-track.com/forums/index.php?topic=4632.0

Btw how loud was your DC5 with a japspeed decat mani and RM01A ? I am tempted to get a DC Sports/Tegiwa mani for my car next but a bit worried about removing the cat as I like the noise levels as they are now, however mapping it now would be pointless as far as gains are concerned...

I will have a a look thanks.

Its not very loud at all, i can still hear the intake noise and on VTEC it comes alive. Its garaged up till 12th May when I got croft. I will try and mount a gopro on and upload a vid.

I couldn't agree more. I had RBC inlet and 70mm throttle body fitted and then took it for a map and got good gains.

We do have plenty of the RM-01A's on the shelf and ready for immediate dispatch at the moment!

I've just ordered another Legalis R for our own stock, but that wont be here until roughly the end of July.

Back