• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

b pipe or rbc intake

Hi guys as some off you may be aware just bought K100, japspeed mani and AEM cold air intake, I now have to decide to get a good b pipe or rbc intake, I would like both but need another £350 or so for remap plus I'm a 4 hour drive to TDI so getting expensive...

Question is what will go better with my mods? And which will give better gains .
I was going to go for b pipe myself as rbc in 3-4 hour job to fit.

Cheers in advance

Agreed.

RBC helps with the top end and only really when the car is remapped, you only really need to think about it when you've done all the other breathing mods.

Larger bore b-pipe will give gains across the range, again you get the most when remapped but it'll still give fair gains unmapped (from cars I've seen on the dyno).

Cheers b pipe it is then as I thought.
Is it worth splashing out on spoon b pipe?
It's under the car so will never see it , and they still go for £200 + second hand.
Just want one thats not to much louder than oem if possible , do they all give the same gains?
I can get one with silencer for £50 , is a 2.5 inch aswell! Ovb not gonna be a good brand for that price I know but does that actually matter?

If you want to pay scene tax so you can say you've got a Spoon B pipe then go nuts, but personally I'd try and find one of r8by's that were made up as part of a group buy. Less than half that price IIRC, and the build quality was superb.

Sadly, I think you'll have to venture on to the "other" forum to find them.

What site, I need a b pipe before I get it mapped, think its worth getting a cheaper one or should I wait for supersprint or one like you stated above, will they give different gains, or are they all practically the same just different tones of noise

I've just fitted a 3" straight through exhaust from Alan at solid-fabrication you can choose your back box style and he double packs the silencer and rear box to keep the cabin noise to a minimum. I've also fitted an RBC this weekend and its a pain to do. So for now if you want to save Alot of hag go for the cat back!:D

I have a spoon bpipe it was 2nd hand got it for £200 fitted. it gained 15bhp just by puting that on and mapping it.

Yeah id buy a spoon b pipe for around that price second hand as know they give good gains with map if you see one up for sale for around the £200 mark pm me ;) did you have to pay the £350 for the remap just with the b pipe!
Anyone know off any other gooe b pipes I can get for a good price?
Dont wont it much louder than oem though guys

Well what happened was i fitted an rbc and dc5 cams and manifold and cai and got it mapped but only made 230bhp then someone at tdi had a spoon bpipe and i bought it there and then and they mapped it again and it got 245bhp so didn't cost me extra but had all ready paid the £350.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
Well what happened was i fitted an rbc and dc5 cams and manifold and cai and got it mapped but only made 230bhp then someone at tdi had a spoon bpipe and i bought it there and then n they mapped it again and it got 245bhp so didn't cost me extra but had all ready paid the 350.

Sent from my iPhone

Text typing again... Don't slip.

Back