• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Baby on Board, or so i thought !!!

Rant begins, apologies in advance:

I am a newish father to my baby girl who is approaching 9 Months old. I drive a Red FN2 Type R GT with 19" Rage alloys & granted have both my rear windows tinted, this is so that my little girl doesnt get blinded by the sun along with the cosmetic improved look.
I also have 2 "baby on board" signs in the rear window.

So why is it that on numerous occasions whether it be a Shopping Centre or Supermarket car park I get penetrating stares & evil looks when i park in a "Parent & Toddler space".
On occasions when Ive had to patiently wait for a mum to load up her car, ive got in the ear hole "This is for Parent & child only !!!".

The latest occurence is by far the worse. In a busy supermarket, i waited for a child space & another car pulled up behind me doing the same.
eventually a child space was available so i parked my car, again with the daggers i get from the car behind.
I got out along with Mrs, baby, carry cot & pushchair, meanwhile still the same dirty looks, so I passed the car & asked if there was a problem? the reply " You shouldnt be driving a car like that with a baby anyway "...
Who do these people think they are? I had to bite my tongue, & just walk away as I didnt want to find a 20inch scratch on my paintwork.

As I understand it, the space is for "Parent & child" ANY Parent & child !!! NOT '15 year old rusty pile of junk with 4 doors & sick on the seat & Child. !!

SO I choose to be a Parent & still have some taste, should I be penalised for this?
I dont think so !

sorry Rant Over.... thoughts please.

Any ideas as to ways to change other parents attitudes? im stuck & fuming !

I afraid as long as you drive a flash quick car you we will all be tarnished with the 'boyracer' tag.

Fcuk um, their just jealous.

Outrageous. Just goes to show how narrow minded some people are.

I parked my old EP3 in a a parent and todler space when Sharon's sister was staying with us and she was 9 months + pregnant. I got some evil looks from some tosser waiting to park up, even with a clearly heavily pregnant mother to be coming out of the passenger side. I told him to píss off as she clearly has a child, she just hasn't delivered it yet.

Thinking about it, it's probably even harder getting out of a car if you're 9 months pregnant than if you've had a child and it now resides in the supra uterine space. I stand by my decision, guilt free.

Don't get me started!:evil:

I went to Tesco with the wife and kids, when i got back i had a letter under my wiper asking me not to park in the parent and child space.

If the *@#ker had bothered looking at my rear seats, he would have seen the booster seat for my daughter!!! I've written a reply letter but forgot to hand it in, till now :twisted:

Reminds me of some guy in an EP3 i saw in Tesco last weekend, pulled into the same space, but just 2 guys, one blaring some bad dnb out of the car (not that i don't like dnb, just have more taste than jungle massive or whatever it was). Some guy walked up to him and said "TURN IT DOWN! at his driver side window.

I guess people like this set poor examples.

I can wait to take my S2k to tesco and slap it in a space and see the looks i get. :lol:

I say f*ck them, jealousy gets you nowhere just working hard!! :twisted:

i've been getting really cheesed off with people lately parking in parent and child.
my son is only 2 months old yet i get the biggest evils from people.
yesterday in tesco, a woman and what looked like her 13 year old daughter parked in parent and child while i was waiting for a space
even old people use parent and child so they dont have to walk too far to the entrance.
one day im going to snap . . .

" You shouldnt be driving a car like that with a baby anyway "...

What the feck!? Surely with the safety features on the car and better manoeuvrability/stopping power/acceleration that your average baby wagon you're in a better position to avoid an accident anyway! Besides the baby isn't in there all the time and when they arn't...

vtec fun :twisted:

I've had a few looks when I pull up in my scoob, especially as like you all the rears are tinted so people can't see in.

I never let it bother me, just throw them a smile and look their banger up and down and shake my head.

I'm looking forward to the fun beginning soon. Just got my sunshade pack in readiness for the little un arriving and it leaves no gaps. I'm sure i'll have the same problems posted here was I start using the parents bays.

I'm glad someones posted this thread... i get the same problem and i'm well ticked off with it!!
Might concider putting the bl**dy baby on board sign OUTSIDE with neon writing!! :mad:

And yeh i guess people are just jealous.... HA! Tuff! Just work harder you freak!

My missus is gonna drop in 4 weeks and i havent been using the parent and child spaces, i did'nt know if i was allowed to yet. After reading this thread gonna try it out tommorow got to go to asda anyway. Im 35mm lowered with tints on the back and 18s there gonna love me.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Shocking mate, i'd find it hard to keep my cool. I get funny looks off people just for driving normally sometimes, i think there's just a stigma attached with owning a CTR and we all get classed the same:mad:

I've had a red Accord Sport, Clio172 and now Civic Type R;)

Based on a lot of them being parent and child spaces, I'm taking advantage of this till mine doesnt need his child seat any more.:)

Extra wide dad and lad spaces FTW.:cool:

Envy's a horrible thing. I get dirty looks all the time in my DC5 cause i dont look very old

even with my four door accord type r i get dirty looks and people saying stuff i have'nt even got tinted windows and can clearly see i have 2 kids

i just say you dont need a great big people carrier for 2 kids

i'm always saying stuff too people without kids who park in there
in fact there is this one time this quite large lady (well i'm quite fat) who parked her merc there i said as i was getting my child out of her seat

funny i dont see any kids i said
she replys i dont care
which i return to say no wonder your fat as your too lazy to walk any further

with that i got alot of abuse with me jjust laughing in her face as she walked away

she was still in the parking space when we returned 10 mins later

I've had no dodgy looks for parking in the disabled spaces.

Hmm. What does that say about me :(

Back